Dogs Over 1 Year Old
Spayed and Neutered Dogs
No Females in Heat
Crate-Trained Dogs Only
Dogs Over 1 Year Old
Another fantastic stay with Mary! Finn stayed an extra day this time and loved every minute of it!
Hands down, Mary has been my best experience on Rover. Finn had an amazing stay. Her desire to know and learn about him was greatly appreciated. My dog is a rescue and has separation anxiety. It took no time at all for him to become comfortable with her, sitting right on her lap. I very much enjoyed all the photos with comments. His visit was highly active and he quickly passed out in the back ...
Because Mary is so good at her job, it is easy to relax while you are away from home. She is very conscientious about the needs your pets have, and follows their routines exactly.
"The Teacher's Pet" Care
I am a retired teacher who now prefers pets over pupils. I have experience with all sizes and breeds of dogs as I have been the "go to person" for all of my friends through the years. I am a caring person who wants both you and your pet to be comfortable. I know that it was hard for me to leave my sad faced dog to go to work each day knowing she would ...
What Mary would like to know about your dog
I have no breed preferences. I love all dogs. However, I prefer small to medium breeds, only because it is easier for me to handle with my knee replacement. Recently though, it seems that I have been watching larger breeds like pit bulls and herder dogs. Things I want to know before sitting:
* What does your dog like to do for fun?
* Does your dog nap a lot? What is his / her sleep schedule like?
* How does your pet let me know they need to go to the bathroom? How often does your pet pee / poop? What does a normal poop look like for your pet? How long does it usually take for your pet to go pee or poo? (I need to know if there is a problem or if the dog is sick)
* How often do you feed? What do you feed? How much? Is your pet allowed to eat "people food?"
* What about treats? Type? How many? Does your pet get them for doing special things or just because he or she is cute?
* Is your pet allowed on furniture / bedding?
* Does your pet get along with cats / other dogs / kids? - In an emergency situation, I may have to watch a cat or dog or even a small child. Remember, I am the "go to person". Doesn't happen often, but I need to be prepared in case it does.
* Is your pet crate trained?
* Is your pet scared of anything in particular or does anything make him or her nervous? How do you calm your pet? Does your pet have a special "lovey" / toy?
* Where does your pet sleep?
* Emergency contacts? Vet info? Preferred emergency animal hospital?
* Medical needs, including daily medicine and any emergency medicine that your pet might need for a bee sting or seizures etc.
* How does your pet do at the dog park? Do you want me to go there?
* Is your pet up to date on vaccinations?
* Does your pet like to ride in a car? Must he or she be restrained in car?
* What else would you, the owner, like me to know about your dog to make his or her stay more enjoyable? - For instance, does your pet like to be petted at a certain spot, or need to have a longer walk right before bed, or doesn't like his / her ears touched or whatever?
My overall goal is to know as much as I can so that I can become your best friend's friend!