Spayed and Neutered Dogs
No Females in Heat
Our dog had a fabulous stay with Mahayla! Since it was our first time, Mahayla offered to come to our home to get to know our pup before caring for her the next day. They hit it off immediately and Mahayla explained her background in animal/dog behavior studies and reassured us that all would go well... and it did! Our pup had a blast trail hiking and also just relaxing at Mahayla's home. Mahayla ...
Mahayla has been wonderful with my two energetic dogs who are transitioning to a new home and a new schedule. One of my dogs is quite anxious and Mahayla has calmed her down and taken the dogs on long walks through fields and woods. She is experienced and very much can guide their behavior.
Mahayla did a fantastic job taking care of Zadie for nearly a week. She provided excellent, loving, and competent care including long walks in the woods. She really knows and understands dogs, their personalities, and their needs. If you are looking for care of your dog, look no further. She is a gem. We can’t recommend her more.
Experienced Canine Professional
I am an apprentice canine behaviorist under Jamie Shaw (The Dog School VT), graduated in December 2017 with honors from the University of Vermont with a degree in Animal Science, concentration in Animal Behavior. I have extensive experience working at Jamie's in-home "Bed and Breakfast for dogs", training, and doing behavior consults in both Vermont and Mass. I am living in Amherst, MA for this academic year while my partner finishes school at UMass, and ...
What Mahayla would like to know about your dog
All breeds welcome! In order to create a holistic approach to their care, I need to known the following information:
1. Age, sex, breed, weight (approx.)
3. How long owned by you?
4. Known history prior to adoption/aquisition
5. History while you've owned the dog (behavioral)
6. Behavioral specifications/concerns regarding this dog (i.e. good or wary with people/other dogs, confident or uncertain in new situations/areas, territorial considerations, any resource guarding or other guarding tendencies, etc.)
7. What are you looking for your pup to get out of their experience with me?
8. Any other considerations/concerns you may have.