No Females in Heat
Laura is Pedey's second mom. I don't know what I'd do if she couldn't watch him!
Laura was awesome. Will be using her services again. She took great care of our dog.
We gathered from her reviews that Laura is excellent with dogs, and we’re pleased to report that she is also a wiz with cats! She did a great job watching our two cats while we were on a recent trip. Not only did she attend to our cats physical needs (feeding, litter box cleanup, etc.), she also played with and gave our cats some much-needed love while we were away. She sent daily pictures, detailed ...
City Dogs Dog Sitting
FYI: I AM CURRENTLY FOCUSING ON MY CURRENT CLIENT BASE WITH LIMITED AVAILABILITY FOR NEW CLIENTS. PLEASE INQUIRE IF YOU FEEL YOUR DOGS WOULD BE A GOOD MATCH FOR MY HOME.
City Dogs Dog Sitting is about providing a fun, stimulating environment for your dogs while you're away. We're located in NE Portland, just a few minutes from Portland International Airport, with everything the city has to offer at our door step.
My two girls ...
What Laura would like to know about your dog
My number one concern is giving all the animals in my care a fun, stress-free environment. For this reason, I limit my available spaces to two, and require a meet and greet prior to any overnight stay so we can carefully evaluate each dog as they interact with each other to minimize the chances of conflict and anxiety.
Second, I need to know about any special needs your dog has, from dietary restrictions to behavioral concerns--I am very accommodating and will do my best to make the transition from your house to mine as seamless as possible and would like your help in understanding how best to do that for your dog.
Please include the following in your care instructions and/or inquiry:
- Food or environmental allergies
- Toy or treat restrictions
- Any history of destructive behavior
- Any history of reactivity (such as barking/lunging on leash, guarding food or toys, or uncontrollable excitement) towards other animals or humans
- Any history of separation anxiety
- Any other special needs, likes or dislikes that I should be aware of
Finally, I do require that dogs staying here be house trained. That said, I understand that in a new place accidents can happen, and I can certainly accommodate an established potty schedule for younger, older, or medically-needy dogs.
For your dog's benefit, I ask that you consider the following before requesting a booking:
- Is your dog nervous or reactive to new things? If so, someone in a less central location may be a better option for her. My apartment is fairly mellow; however, there is a lot going on outside the the doors and windows which might make a nervous dog uncomfortable, especially without her family around to reassure her. Often, dogs like this will be most comfortable in their own home, under the care of a travel sitter.
-Is your dog very vocal? Again, if yes, he may be better suited to a different environment. Though our complex is full of dogs, it would be unfair of me to subject my neighbors to frequent barking, howling or whining. Please keep this in mind when making your decision.