Spayed and Neutered Dogs
No Females in Heat
Crate-Trained Dogs Only
Gen is a wonderful dog helper. She gave hilarious reports of her visits with them and took great pictures! Highly recommended!
Roxie loves hanging out with Gen. She had a great time with other pups and I am so thankful for all of the pictures and updates from Gen!
Gen and Sasha are great as always. Pup's energy were well spent. Highly recommended and will definitely come back when we need to board our dog again!
The best care for your best friend!
My dog, Sasha, and I would love to welcome yours to our home! Or, I would be happy to visit your fur family in your home. As an owner of a high-energy dog, I have experience in positively redirecting that energy. My active lifestyle means I can give my dog - and yours - as much exercise as they need. I am also content to curl up on the couch and provide snuggles and company if that ...
What Gen would like to know about your dog
How does your dog spend his day? I want to make your dog's stay as comfortable as possible - Does he sprawl out in the sun, watching out the window all day? Curl up in his crate? Sit impatiently by the door waiting for you to come home?
Let me know the routine your dog is used to - Does she need a long walk before breakfast? How often does she eat? Go outside? Any strange habits I should know about?
Sasha LOVES the opportunity to meet, play, and socialize with other dogs. She prefers guests that also do. If your dog needs slow introductions, that's not a problem - just let us know. She's also very good at identifying when guests need their own space and will let them be again until they're ready to play.
Sasha was attacked by a dog a couple years ago and is still incredibly fearful of larger dogs with similar markings [black with white] - we're definitely not 'breedist,' but we're still working through her trust issues. As such, she tends to get along best with male dogs and submissive, playful female dogs. There are exceptions to every rule, so I am happy to meet prior to your pups’ stay!
Speaking of meet-and-greets, here's my proven method of success:
Sasha loves meeting new friends - human and furry - sometimes a little too much. She's loud, harmless, and overly friendly. She's started thinking it's a good idea to 'yell' in their faces and be obnoxious and overwhelming. She means nothing more than, "LET'S BE FRIENDS! BEST FRIENDS! LET'S HAVE ALL THE FUN! IT'S SO AWESOME YOU'RE HERE! I DON'T CARE THAT YOU'RE NEW - LET'S PLAY! LET'S BE BEST FRIENDS!" :) Understandably, this is a little intimidating to pups who are new to our home. To combat this, we offer two methods of meet and greets and will accommodate whichever you and your pup prefer:
(1) Sasha and I are happy to meet you at a nearby dog park. Plenty of space and she is able to redirect her excited energy to running and playing rather than barking and annoying. Your pups and mine are able to get to know each other in a completely neutral setting and they're already friends before their stay begins.
(2) I am happy to meet you and your pups at my house. Sasha will not participate in this meet and greet. This gives your dogs the opportunity to introduce themselves to our space, and you and I to chat and answer any questions without refereeing my crazy dog.
Either way - once your dogs' stay begins, I use the same slow introduction method I use with my foster dogs:
- Your pup is given time to [re]acquaint themselves with our home. Once settled,
- I introduce Sasha to your pup with a gate. They're allowed to sniff and meet without Sasha getting totally up close and personal and overwhelming. Once they've been allowed time for slow greetings,
- We go for a walk, come back, and endless fun and playing ensues.
Any successful introductory process can take minutes to days; rather than forcing interaction, I prefer to let pups warm up to each other on their terms. Sasha is more than happy to share her home with our guests, but we want to make sure your pups feel welcome and confident in our home as well!
Other things I'd like to know about your dogs:
• UTD on vetting?
• Any previous issues with other dogs?
• Crate and house trained?
• Any food sensitivities, intolerances, and/or allergies?
• What does a typical day look like?
• Sleeping preferences?
• Any medical concerns currently?
Feel free to use my online form which makes submitting this information quick and easy. :)
Things to make sure your pups pack for their stay*:
• Collar or harness and leash - with current tags
• Enough food and treats for the entire stay plus one day - clearly labeled with feeding instructions [there is no food/treat sharing in my home due to Sasha’s food intolerances]
• Medications/supplements - clearly labeled with dosage instructions
• An up-to-date Rover profile with care instructions and emergency/vet contact
• Current vaccination records
• Favorite toys and/or comfort items [every effort will be made to attempt to return items with typical wear and tear caused only by your pup. However, sometimes dogs like to share and unanticipated stuffing causalities may arise. :)]
*If your dog prefers their own space, I have small-medium, medium, and medium-large crates available if you'd rather not bring theirs back and forth. :)
Drop-Ins: 30-minute visits that include a trip outside, short walk, playtime, fresh water, food as requested, & a Rover card.
Cat Care: Up-to-30-minute visits [depending on your cats' preference - prices adjusted accordingly] that include clean litter, fresh water, food as requested, play if desired, & a Rover card.
Walks: 30-minute visits that include a walk, a little playtime, fresh water, food as requested, & a Rover card.
Daycare**: Up-to-10-hour stays [day or night] that integrate your dogs into my family; time outside, walks, playtime, naps, feeding, water breaks, & a Rover card are all included.
Boarding**: 10-24-hour stays that fully integrate your dogs into my family; time outside, walks, playtime, naps, feeding, and water breaks. I can prepare a report card upon request.
**If you request a morning drop-off and evening pick-up for boarding, a daycare charge may be added to the stay price. If I request an early drop-off or late pick-up to accommodate my schedule, there are no additional charges.