From parks featuring fun places to splash to shaded areas for you to relax, we’ve rounded up the best options in Ohio for getting out with your dog. There are plenty of options, so pick your favorite!
Click on the parks in the map below for more info on the parks, and scroll down for Instagram photos of each park.
Top 8 Dog Parks in Ohio
- Wheeler Memorial Dog Park
- Bow Wow Beach
- Tremont Park
- Montgomery County Bark Park
- Pooch Playground
- Dog Park at Godown Park
- Prairie Oaks Metro Park
- Hamilton Bark Park
1. Wheeler Memorial Dog Park
725 Thurber Dr W, Columbus, OH 43215
- Always a great mix of dogs to play with
- Water stations available
- Plenty of street parking around the park
- Enough room for pups to really stretch out their legs
2. Bow Wow Beach
5027 Stow Rd, Stow, OH 44224
- 7.5 acres of fenced in area round a 5 acre lake
- Separate small dog section
- Washing area available (your car will thank you!)
- Big enough that it doesn’t feel overcrowded, even when it’s busy
- Shady benches for those hot summer months
3. Tremont Park
2820 Quigley Rd, Cleveland, OH 44113
- Human and dog watering stations
- Plenty of benches to relax on
- Growing trees will provide shade as they grow!
- Evenings can get really busy, but your pup will have a blast
4. Montgomery County Dog Park
6790 Webster St, Dayton, OH 45414
- Easy to find spot
- Lots of acreage for your dog to explore
- Very friendly locals frequent this park
- Make sure your dog is licensed and vaccinated
- Some owners don’t pick up after their dogs, so watch where you step!
5. Pooch Playground
940 Pizzuro Park Rd, Gahanna, OH 43230
- Separate area for small dogs
- Beautifully maintained park
- Agility equipment for pups to play on
- Benches and shade to relax in
6. Dog Park at Godown Park
6099 Godown Rd, Columbus, OH 43235
- Separate small and large dog areas
- Plenty of room for pups to stretch their legs
- All of the grass ensures that it doesn’t turn into a giant mud pit after rain!
- Everything from hills, to grass, to wood chips for your dog
- Water stations available
7. Prairie Oaks Metro Park
3225 NE Plain City-Georgesville Rd, West Jefferson, OH 43026
- Clean swimming area for four-legged friends
- Can be a little confusing to find!
- You can also take your pup for a walk on the surrounding trails
- Not fenced in, so keep an eye on your dog
8. Hamilton Bark Park
20 New London Rd, Hamilton, OH 45013
- Areas for small and large dogs
- Clean and well-kept, your pup will love it!
- Friendly and responsible dog owners
- There’s even a large dog sculpture for your art-appreciating canines
- Plenty of parking
Need some help exercising your dog while you’re in town? Rest easy knowing that you can easily hire a local dog walker who will be happy to show your pup around.