Whether you’re looking for the perfect dock for your water-loving canine, or a wide open field where they can run, we’ve rounded up the best options in Madison for getting out with your dog. One of these is bound to be the perfect place for you!
Click on the parks in the map below for more info on the parks, and scroll down for Instagram photos of each park.
Top 7 Dog Parks in Madison, WI
- Badger Prairie Dog Park
- Viking Dog Park
- Prairie Moraine Park
- Yahara Heights Pet Exercise Area
- Sycamore Dog Park
- Quann Dog Park
- Capital Springs Recreation Area
1. Badger Prairie Dog Park
6720 Hwy 151, Verona, WI, 53593
- 9 acres of dog-friendly fun a quick 15 minute ride from Madison!
- Small agility area with jumps and a tunnel
- Don’t forget your permit to use this park!
- Bring water to the park, your pup’s going to get thirsty
- Beware – can get a little muddy & mosquito-y at certain times of year
First time at the dog park! I think Winston has some agility in his future… . . . #dogsofmadison #dogpark #wisconsinparks #danecountydogparks #dogsofinstagram #dogsofmadison #corgigram #corgibutt #dogsofwisconsin #madisonwi #wisconsin #danecounty #corgilife #corgination #corgigram #corgilove #corgipuppy #puppy #puppydog #corgi #dogtraining #agility #agilitytraining
2. Viking Dog Park
2525 County Hwy B, Stoughton, WI 53589
- Includes TWO beach areas where water-loving canines can play!
- Paths just perfect for strolling
- Permits required, but you can buy them onsite ($5/day or $30/year)
- Beautiful scenery including wildflowers and trees
- Restrooms for humans available too, yippee!
3. Prairie Moraine Park
1970 County Hwy PB, Verona, WI 53593
- Considered by many to be the best dog park in Dane County!
- Big grassy meadows, wildflowers and rolling hills
- Plenty of benches and picnic tables to relax on
- Super friendly regulars
- Careful – since this park is HUGE, if you have a disobedient pup you might lose them!
- Plenty of trails for wandering through with fido
- Don’t forget your permit!
4. Yahara Heights Pet Exercise Area
5488 Catfish Ct, Waunakee, WI 53597
- HUGE park for your pup – 20 acres of fun
- Two docks for dogs who love to play in the water (they have ramps!)
- Non-fenced dog park, so keep an eye on your pooch
- Plenty of seats in the shade for tired dog parents
- Don’t forget to purchase your permit!
5. Sycamore Dog Park
4517 Sycamore Park Madison, WI 53703
- Lots of poop bags available if you forget yours
- Special small dog area
- A great amount of space – the perfect urban oasis for your canine
- Super friendly regulars use this park
- Picnic tables available for kickin’ back in the sun!
- Don’t forget to get your permit
6. Quann Dog Park
1802 Quann-Olin Pkwy Madison, WI 53713
- Perfect for pups who love to play fetch with LOTS of open space
- Friendly people and dogs frequent this park
- Well-maintained facilities
- Occasionally closed for Alliant Energy Center events, which can be disappointing
Attacking life head on – kind of like this frisbee. I'll let you guess if I caught it or not. #shade #momtalkingcrap #sheknowsihavenoskills #fetch #santana #madisonwi #madison #wisconsin #quanndogpark #americanbulldog #americanbulldogsofinstagram #pitmix #pitbullsofinstagram #pitbull #loveabull #bulldog #bullybreed #dontbullymybreed #dog #dogs #dogstagram #dogsofwi #dogsofinstagram #dogsofig #brindle #frisbee #doglover #dogoftheday #dogs_of_instagram
7. Capital Springs Recreation Area
3398 Lake Farm Rd, Madison, WI 53711
- Special area for small pups to play!
- Big, flat areas for playing fetch with bigger dogs
- Plenty of paths to walk down with your furry friend
Not sure if you’ll have time to exercise your dog properly while you’re visiting Madison? You can always hire a local dog walker who will be happy to show your pup around town (they know the best spots!).