All pups need the chance to stretch their legs out and run free every once in awhile. Lucky for you, we’ve rounded up a list of top dog parks in Baton Rouge so you’ll know where to take your favorite furry friend. From beautiful parks to places with puppy pools and more, we’ve got it.
Click on the parks in the map below for more info on the parks, and scroll down for Instagram photos of each park!
Top 7 Dog Parks in Baton Rouge
- Raising Cane’s Dog Park at City Park
- Raising Cane’s Dog Park at Zachary Community Park
- Dog Park at Burbank Park
- Forest Community Park
- Dog Park at Greenwood Community Park
- Denham Springs Dog Park at South Park
- City-Brooks Community Park
1. Raising Cane’s Dog Park at City Park
1442 City Park Ave. Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- The small dog area is a super small area and won’t fit many pups
- Baby pool for splashing and playing
- Benches under shady trees for owners to kick back on and enjoy!
- Plenty of room for medium to large size dogs to run free
2. Raising Cane’s Dog Park at Zachary Community Park
20055 Old Scenic Hwy 964 Baton Rouge, LA 70791
- Lots of space for dogs to stretch their legs!
- Not a lot of shade, so be prepared
- The main park has something for everyone
3. Dog Park at Burbank Park
12400 Burbank Dr Baton Rouge, LA 70820
- Special puppy pool for the little fellas!
- Spacious and beautiful area
- Tons of other fields and activities that make it fun for the family
- Parking is a cinch
- Dog washing station available for muddy-dog cleanup
4. Forest Community Park
13950 S Harrell’s Ferry Rd., Baton Rouge, LA
- Friendly local regulars come on the weekends
- Refreshing water spigots for pups
- Plenty of benches
- Separate small dog area
- Attentive dog owners who pick up after pets
5. Dog Park at Greenwood Community Park
13350 Hwy. 19 Baker, LA 70714
- Greenwood Community park is over 390 acres with TONS of activities
- Separate play areas for small and large pups
- Refreshing water station
- Pavilion in dog park area
- Beautifully landscaped and maintained – a favorite park for locals
6. Denham Springs Dog Park at South Park
7484 Vincent Rd, Denham Springs, LA 70726
- Super easy to get to – right off the highway!
- Spacious and well-maintained
- Separate small and large dog areas
- Near Bass Pro, so you can bring your pup by there too
7. City-Brooks Community Park
1515 Dalrymple Dr. Baton Rouge, LA 70808
- Attached to beautiful, larger park area
- Separate small and large dog play areas for pups
- Benches and shade galore!
- Drinking fountains for thirsty dogs (and humans)
Hitting up some beaches and landmarks that aren’t quite as dog-friendly? Lucky for you there are plenty of dog walkers you can hire in the area! Your dog will most definitely appreciate a little extra TLC.