If you’re looking for someplace fun to take your four-legged friend, we’ve got you covered. From big grassy meadows to pup-friendly beaches, here are the six best places in Dane County, WI for your dog to run, fetch, and socialize.
Click on the parks in the map below for more info on the parks, and scroll down for Instagram photos of each park.
Top 6 Dog Parks in Dane County, WI
- Prairie Moraine Park
- Badger Prairie Park
- Warner Dog Park
- Viking Park
- Quann Park
- Yahara Heights
- Orchid Heights Park
1. Prairie Moraine Park
1970 Cty Hwy Pb Verona, WI 53593
- Poop bags, benches and picnic tables for humans!
- Big grassy meadows for your dog to run free
- Don’t forget to bring water!
- Make sure you keep an eye on your pup – you don’t want them to get lost in the brush
- You’ll have a blast hiking with
2. Badger Prairie Park
6720 Hwy 151 Verona, WI 53593
- Super clean and well-maintained
- Agility area with two jumps and a tunnel for pups
- Open, grassy space for dogs to run
- Can get a little muddy, so prepare yourself!
First time at the dog park! I think Winston has some agility in his future… . . . #dogsofmadison #dogpark #wisconsinparks #danecountydogparks #dogsofinstagram #dogsofmadison #corgigram #corgibutt #dogsofwisconsin #madisonwi #wisconsin #danecounty #corgilife #corgination #corgigram #corgilove #corgipuppy #puppy #puppydog #corgi #dogtraining #agility #agilitytraining
3. Warner Dog Park
301 Sheridan Dr, Madison, WI 53704
- 8-acre fenced in park
- Flat grass areas and wooded trails to roam
- There’s even a lake for those water-loving pooches
- $5 fee to use the park for non-residents
4. Viking Park
2525 County Hwy B Stoughton, WI 53589
- Lovely dock and beach where dogs can swim
- Lots of open space for them to run
- Make sure to bring water and a bowl for your thirsty pooch
- Plenty of shade for sunny days
- Well-maintained paths and picnic tables for humans!
5. Quann Park
1802 Quann-Olin Pkwy Madison, WI 53713
- Huge open space with paths that run through the park
- Not many trees, which means not much shade
- Heads up – occasionally the park is closed because of Coliseum events
6. Yahara Heights
5488 Catfish Ct, Waunakee, WI 53597
- 20 acres of grassy paradise for your pup
- Docks and water for paw-dipping
- Avoid if it’s super hot since there’s not a ton of shade
- Dogs must have permits which can be purchased at the website
Need some help exercising your dog while you’re in town? Rest easy knowing that you can easily hire a local dog walker who will be happy to show your pup around.