When spending time in Georgia, it’s important to know the best dog parks to visit. We’ve rounded up some local gems that you (and your pup) will adore. There’s even a park in the beautiful Historic District of Savannah!
Click on the parks in the map below for more info on the parks, and scroll down for Instagram photos of each park!
Top 6 Dog Parks in Savannah
- Herty Pines Dog Park
- Daffin Dog Park
- Mother Matilda Beasley Dog Park
- Forsyth Park
- Skidaway Island State Park
- Tybee Island Dog Park
1. Herty Pines Dog Park
1198 Washington Ave, Savannah, GA 31404
- Filled with lush trees and plenty of shade
- Picnic tables in the shade for lounging
- Separate area for little dogs
- Super chatty regulars
- Can get pretty dusty (or muddy if wet), so bring a towel for your dog’s paws
2. Daffin Dog Park
1301 E. Victory Drive, Savannah, GA 31404
- The largest dog park in Savannah!
- Three different sections for small dogs, big dogs, and a dog run
- Benches where people can relax and socialize
- Well-maintained and clean
- Great for warm weather with shade, fountains and swimming tubs for pups in the summer
- Can get pretty busy, so make sure your dog is feeling social
3. Mother Matilda Beasley Dog Park
500 E Broad St, Savannah, GA 31401
- Located in lovely, downtown Savannah
- Plenty of dirt, so expect your dog to be a little messy
- The dog station for washing will clean them right up!
- Lots of park regulars who are friendly and responsible
4. Forsyth Park
Drayton St. & W Gaston St., Savannah, GA 31401
- Located in the beautiful Historic District of Savannah
- Lots of events and activities happening in the rest of the park too
- Plenty of shade and places to sit down and relax
- Friendly, responsible dog-lovers to chat with
5. Skidaway Island State Park
52 Diamond Causeway, Savannah, GA 31411
- Beautiful state park that your dog will adore
- Keep pets leashed (those are the rules!)
- Pretty, winding trails for everyone to explore
6. Tybee Island Dog Park
30 Van Horne Ave, Tybee Island, GA 31328
- Located near beautiful Jaycee Park
- Just remember that pups aren’t allowed on the beach – keep them in the park!
- The ground is mulch, so wear proper foot attire
- Friendly regulars will want to chat
- Plenty of room for Fido to stretch their legs and run
Have too many plans to exercise your dog properly while you’re in Savannah? Not to worry – hire a local dog walker who will be happy to show them around. Your dog will be happy you did!