Taking a trip to Florida? Luckily your little buddy will have a ton to do. We’ve rounded up some of the best dog parks in Ocala that’ll give your pup the chance to explore – just make sure you know which places require you to keep them on a leash.
Click on the parks in the map below for more info on the parks, and scroll down for Instagram photos of each park!
Top 6 Dog Parks in Ocala, FL
- Letty Towles Dog Park
- Scott Springs Park
- Central Ridge District Park
- Squirrel Ridge Park
- West Orange Dog Park
- Silver River State Park
1. Letty Towles Dog Park
2299 SE 32nd Ave, Ocala, FL 34470
- Formerly Millennium Dog Park
- Part of the Jervey Gantt Recreation Center
- Spacious – plenty of room for pups to run!
- Very clean and well taken care of by volunteers
- Doggie water fountain is always a hit
- Closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays
2. Scott Springs Park
2825 SW 24th Ave, Ocala, FL 34471
- Keep your dog on leash in the park
- Well-maintained trails for walks and runs
- Plenty of places to explore, there’s even a cave!
- Public restrooms are clean
3. Central Ridge District Park
6905 N Lecanto Hwy, Beverly Hills, FL 34465
- Dog Walking Park – so pups must remain on leash
- Dogs can’t enter the fields, they have to stay on trails
- Lots of activity and people-watching to do!
4. Squirrel Ridge Park
1603 SW Williston Rd, Gainesville, FL 32608
- Separate fenced-in areas for small and large dogs
- TONS of room for dogs to run
- Refreshing kiddie pools available!
- Hoses for cleaning them up before you head home (just bring towels)
- Watch out for lots of mosquitos at dusk!
- Also a large area to walk your leashed dog
5. West Orange Dog Park
12400 Marshall Farms Rd. Winter Garden, FL 34787
- A little further away, but worth the effort
- “Play” equipment for entertaining pups
- Plenty of shady areas for humans to sit
- Doggie bags available if you forget your own!
- Well-maintained walking path
- Warning – the mulch ground can make it a little dusty
- Plenty of regulars to show you the ropes
6. Silver River State Park
1425 NE 58th Ave, Ocala, FL 34470
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome in camping and picnicking areas, plus on the trails
- Keep dogs leashed at all times
- Stunning scenery and LOTS of wildlife
- Park is one of the last uninhabited spring runs in the state
- Glass bottom boat rides (though sadly your pup can’t join you)
Have too many plans to exercise your dog properly while you’re in Florida? Not to worry – hire a local dog walker who will be happy to show them around. Your dog will thank you!