From sprawling open spaces to paw-perfect beaches, we’ve rounded up the best options for dog-friendly parks and beaches around San Clemente, CA for getting out with your dog. Luckily for your four-legged friend, there are plenty of wonderful spots to get the wiggles out.
Click on the parks in the map below, and scroll down for photos and info on the many parks in the area.
Below are the best places for exercising your dog around San Clemente. They vary from fully-fenced, wide open spaces with wood chips or carefully landscaped acreage to leash-required beaches.
The spaces differ in what they offer, so we’ve listed them in no necessary order. We hope you get a chance to visit them all.
- San Clemente State Beach Park
- San Onofre State Park
- Baron Von Willard Memorial Dog Park
- Ann D. L’Heureux Memorial Dog Park
- Laguna Niguel Regional Park
- La Paws Park
225 Avenida Califia, San Clemente, CA 92672
- Leashed dogs of all sizes are allowed, just don’t leave them unattended
- Clean up after your pet and keep them on a leash that’s no longer than six feet
- Camping and tent areas also allow dogs (there’s even a dog walk area in the campground!)
- A beautiful place to bring your furry four-legged friend for some much-needed nature time
Old Pacific Coast Hwy & Beach Club Rd, San Clemente, CA, 92672
View this post on Instagram
Today's trail. Quick run with Dyson. Had to stop and take photo at this spot…doesn't this view just want you get up and built a toll road on this spot! This where it would go. Ruin all that I am photographing. #sanclemente #saveTrestles #sanOnofreStatePark #sanMateo #panhe #preserve #protect #openspaces
- Beautiful views for you and your dog
- Leashed dogs are welcome on trails 1 and 6
- There’s a wash station where you can rinse your pup off
301 Avenida La Pata, San Clemente, CA 92673
- Soft, grassy terrain for your pup to frolic on
- Separate areas for small and large dogs
- Plenty of street parking makes it a cinch to visit
- Closed on Tuesdays until 1 p.m. for regular maintenance
- No strollers allowed, so leave those smaller kiddos at home
2700 Carlsbad Village Dr. Carlsbad, CA 92008
- In the mood to travel? This little gem is 25 miles south.
- On the small side, so you can keep an eye on your pup
- Not a lot of shade, but there’s a doggie drinking fountain!
- Parking is a cinch
- Wear appropriate footwear—it can get a little dirty
- Easy trail connection to Hidden Canyon Park
31575 Golden Lantern Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
- One acre of fully fenced, off-leash dog park
- Two shelters and four picnic tables for people
- Water available
- Wood chips for ground cover
- Expect a short walk from the parking lot
- Not shaded, so avoid during hot parts of the day
25100 Felipe Rd, Mission Viejo, CA 92692
- Over two acres of running space
- Fully fenced
- Large and small dog areas
- Environmentally sustainable landscaping
- A walking path with views
- Plenty of parking
For dogs and the people who love them, San Clemente offers so much more to do beyond this great list of parks and beaches.
Check out the San Clemente Beach Trail for a long, scenic walk by the sea (on leash). For lazy weekend bonding with your best dog, the San Clemente Farmer’s Market also welcomes dogs and many of the city’s bars and restaurants offer dog-friendly patios. And if you’re just visiting and into camping out, you and your dog can pitch a tent at the San Mateo Creek Campground.
Need some help exercising your dog while you’re in town? Rest easy knowing that you can easily hire a local dog walker who will be happy to show your pup around.