At Rover, we know our sitters love dogs, but wondered: how much do they love dog sitting? We polled nearly a thousand pet sitters to find out what keeps them excited to watch all. the. dogs. The results may surprise you.
In a nutshell
Dog Sitting = Dream Job
- 63% consider it a dream job.
- 63% would still do it even if it were unpaid.
Why Do Sitters Do It?
- 57% says it combines their love for dogs with making money.
- 24% do it to make extra money.
- 41% says it’s all about the love and joy they get from taking care of dogs.
- 28% really enjoy the flexible schedule.
They’re Living Their Dream, Every Day
When asked why sitting is their dream job:
- 41% of sitters say they genuinely care about the well-being of dogs and their owners.
- 27% cherish the special bonds they’ve created with the dogs they watch.
- ⅕ think hanging out with dogs is the best part of their day.
The Dog Love is Real. No Seriously:
- 72% of sitters say they don’t trust people who don’t like dogs.
- 96% say they’d rather watch their friend’s dog than their child.
These Extra Perks Don’t Hurt Either.
Dog sitting makes for a healthier you. Of all sitters polled:
- 59% say they feel more happiness and joy.
- 52% spend more time outdoors.
- 38% get more exercise and are in better shape.
- 34% say they are less stressed or anxious.
- 30% feel they are now more outgoing and social.
Sound like your dream job?
Then join The Dog People and become a Rover sitter. Be your own boss, make your own schedule and earn extra money playing with all. the. dogs — up to $1,000 a month.