Keeping Your Profile Active in Search Results
As a new sitter on Rover it’s extra important to take action on your first few requests. Not only will it help you grow your business and your reputation, but it will also keep your profile in search and out of away mode.
As you gain experience on Rover, you can keep your profile active in search by maintaining your calendar and responding to all requests.
What is away or repeat-only mode?
Setting a service to Away means that you won’t appear in search results, and if a pet owner sends you a request they will be notified that you are away and may be slow to respond.
Setting a service to Not accepting new clients (or repeat-only) means that only your past clients will see you in search results or be able to send you a request.
These two settings are a great way for you to manage the volume and type of requests you receive. They also help ensure that pet owners can find a sitter who is likely to reply to them.
Your profile may be automatically set to away or repeat only mode when you don’t respond to a booking request, or you are unable to accept multiple requests and it’s been a while since last updating your availability.
How to keep your profile live
Since sitters in away mode receive fewer requests, keeping your profile live is an important element to growing your business. Thankfully, keeping your profile live in search is easier than you think. Follow these tips to keep everything active and your reputation positive.
- Manage your calendar. It’s your business, so make sure your calendar reflects when you’re available. It will not only make things smoother for you, but you’ll be able to accept all the requests you get. Update your calendar here.
- Confirm your availability. If there are no changes to your calendar, but you want to let potential clients know that it is up-to-date, you can confirm your availability (some sitters make it a habit to confirm their availability every Monday). We’ll let pet owners know you have confirmed your availability with a banner on your profile. Confirm your availability here.
- Set yourself to away mode intentionally if you’re unable or unwilling to offer certain services or if you’re unavailable for a short period of time, such as on a vacation. This ensures you won’t get requests, so you won’t have to worry about responding to them. Access that here.
I received a booking request—now what?
Hooray! Congrats on your booking request. Make sure you do the following to set yourself up for success:
- Respond quickly—the quicker you reply, the better your reputation as a sitter will be.
- Set up a Meet & Greet to make sure it’s a good fit and everyone gets along.
- Accept the request and get ready for your first Rover guest!
Unable to accept a request? Make sure you still reply quickly, then archive the conversation so it’s no longer an active request.
Follow these tips to keep your profile live and out of away or repeat-only mode. Your business—and clients—will thank you.