- This review contains affiliate links. Read more here.
When the sun goes down, your dog is virtually invisible to fast-moving cars, curious wildlife, and other night-time dangers. But a light-up and glowing dog collar, harness, or vest can make all the difference when it comes to worry-free walking after dark.
We’ve rounded up some of the best light-up dog gear on the market, from collars designed with bright LED lights to neon harnesses with reflective strips to eye-catching vests that pop with color. These handy dog walking accessories are an easy way to increase your pup’s visibility to keep you both safe on early morning or late night strolls.
Be sure to measure your dog before purchasing to ensure the right fit.
- Best Light-Up Collar: HIGO LED Dog Collar
- Brightest Light-Up Collar: Blazin’ Safety LED USB Rechargeable Nylon Dog Collar
- Best Adjustable Light-Up Dog Collar: VIZPET LED Dog Collar
- Best Reflective Dog Collar: Embark Illuminate Reflective Dog Collar
- Best Light-Up Dog Collar Cover: NiteDawg LED Collar Cover
- Best Light-Up Harness for Big Dogs: Noxgear LightHound Harness
- Best Light-Up Harness for Small Dogs: Headlight Harness LED Light Dog Harness
- Best Reflective Harness: Rabbitgoo No-Pull Dog Harness
- Best Light-Up Leash: Blazin’ Safety LED Dog Leash
- Best Reflective Leash: Pawtitas Nylon Reflective Padded Dog Leash
- Best Light-Up Vest: Illumiseen LED Dog Vest
- Best Reflective Vest: SafetyPup XD Reflective Dog Vest
- Best Detachable Light: Nite Ize SpotLit LED Collar Light
Best Light-Up Collar: HIGO LED Dog Collar (Verified Review)
HIGO LED Dog Collar
This bright and rechargeable collar featurs three light modes to keep your dog visible at night and in the rain.
It’s hard to find a fault with HIGO’s light-up LED collars. They’re made of a transparent TPU tube that slides into both ends of a small rechargeable hub. The tube can be trimmed to fit pups of all sizes (though if you have a growing pup, it’s worth noting that the involvement of scissors means the fit is permanent), and it glows with a steady, powerful light.
The battery is good for several long walks, and recharging is fast and easy—our testers estimated their collars were ready to go again in less than an hour. You can toggle between three light modes for visibility, including quick flash, slow flash, and steady glow to make your dog stand out after the sun sets. The collar is water-resistant, too, so it holds up to rainy walks and needs just a quick wipe-down to remove mud.
Our testers were so pleased they went back and bought these in several more colors, and our pups gave them four paws up for style and usability, since they slip on easily over a regular collar.
- One-size fits all
- Five color options: green, blue, pink, red, and orange
- Charges via USB plug
Brightest Light-Up Collar: Blazin’ Safety LED USB Rechargeable Nylon Dog Collar
If you need a collar that really shines, this USB-rechargeable LED option is visible up to 350 feet away. It features three different modes, including standard on, strobe, and blink, and it’s easy to flip on and off. Reviewers report a very reasonable battery life, and it gets lots of love from pups who are more comfortable with the traditional nylon collars than tube-style loops like the HIGO.
One thing to watch: Because of the LED strip, this collar is less adjustable than a typical nylon collar, so you’ll want to take a hard look at measurements before you buy.
- Available in four sizes and seven bright colors
- Easily recharges with USB for up to eight hours of use between charges
- Adjustable strap (though adjustability is more limited than a traditional collar)
Best Adjustable Light-Up Dog Collar: VIZPET LED Dog Collar
VIZPET LED Dog Collar
An adjustable and rechargeable dog collar that’s ready for any weather.
If adjustability is a priority, as with growing pups or shared gear, try the VIZPET, which has a flat LED band and buckle that makes it easy to size up or down (it’s still a good idea to bust out the measuring tape, though). The battery box features a USB plug, and the webbed nylon material is water-resistant—though not waterproof enough for swimming.
- Available in four sizes (small, medium, large, and x-large) and three colors (blue, green, and red)
- Sturdy design with padding
- Three flashing modes: quick flash, slow flash, and steady glow
Best Reflective Dog Collar: Embark Illuminate Reflective Dog Collar
Embark Illuminate Reflective Dog Collar
Available in blue or pink, this reflective dog collar promises visibility from up to 300 feet away.
If you’re in the market for better visibility without the LED glow (and recharging process), try a reflective collar, like this sturdy option from Embark. It’s designed specifically for high visibility at night, and the entire band reflects light, making it possible for drivers to see its wearer from up to 300 feet away.
Strong and durable, the Illuminate comes in pink or blue in three different sizes and with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. A matching harness and leash set is also available.
- Available in sizes small, medium, and large
- Good for adult dogs and puppies
- Easy to adjust
Best Light-Up Dog Collar Cover: NiteDawg LED Collar Cover
Another option to keep your dog visible in low-light settings is an LED collar cover to go over their regular collar. This seven-inch battery-operated collar cover lasts up to 100 hours with two light modes while still being lightweight. It’s also weather-proofed, so it’s safe to use for walks in the rain. We like it for growing pups, since it can fit over just about any collar with a width of one inch or less.
The only downside? The batteries will eventually need to be replaced, and it takes a 2032 3V battery.
- Powered by a single lithium battery
- Fits collars up to one-inch wide
- Visible up to 1000 feet in the dark
Best Light-Up Harness: Noxgear LightHound Harness
Noxgear LightHound Harness
A rechargeable and adjustable light-up harness that stays charged for up to 12 hours.
For pet parents who prefer night walks with a harness, we like this multicolored option from Noxgear. It’s sized well for medium- to large-breed dogs, with 360-degree illumination and multiple color options you can toggle between for fun (er, we mean safety!). This adjustable harness stays charged for up to 12 hours and provides visibility for an impressive quarter of a mile. It even has an indicator light to let you know when it needs to be charged.
It’s not the sturdiest harness for especially powerful pullers, but we think it’s a good fit for your average rogue sniffer. Also note that it clasps under the belly, which can be a dealbreaker for some harness-averse pups.
- Made using flexible fiber optic cables and 3M Scotchlite reflector technology
- 14 color modes
- Adjustable at neck and chest
Best Light-Up Harness for Small Dogs: Headlight Harness LED Light Dog Harness
Headlight Harness LED Light Dog Harness
The bright light on the harness’s center and reflective trim helps make small dogs visible on night walks.
Small dogs can make a big statement in this LED light-up harness designed with a bright and shining headlight on its chest. Its no-pull and no-choke design makes it a nice option for small tuggers (especially those who need to watch their airways), and reflective trim makes it a handy option for daytime walks as well. We’re impressed with the sturdiness of the design, though we could wish for a recharging feature instead of the replaceable 9-volt battery.
- Includes bright light on the chest and reflective trim for extra visibility
- Water-resistant and lightweight
- Available in six different sizes and colors
Best Reflective Harness: Rabbitgoo No-Pull Dog Harness
Rabbitgoo No-Pull Dog Harness
For dogs that pull during their nighttime walks, you can’t go wrong with this reflective harness that sports a leash attachment option at the front.
Rabbitgoo’s affordable reflective harness is a nice alternative to a collar for a dog that pulls after dark. This padded harness can attach to the leash at the back or, for pullers, at the chest. Each of the straps are sewn with two strips of reflective material, while reflective piping lines the chest and back panels. For maximum visibility, try the “vibrant lime” color.
- Designed with two leash clips
- Four adjustment points to make the perfect fit
- Made of breathable and cushioned polyester and nylon
Best Light-Up Leash: Blazin’ Safety LED Dog Leash
Along with a light-up or reflective collar or harness, this LED dog leash provides an extra dose of bright light to keep your dog visible at night. This rechargeable leash can be seen up to 350 yards away and includes three light modes you can switch between. It’s also designed with a padded handle so human hands won’t get tired or sore, especially if your dog tends to be a puller on walks. A few reviewers note that some of the brighter colors can be a little hard on the eyes—but effective!
- Stays charged for up to 10 hours
- Two sizes: small (4 feet) and large (6 feet)
- Some reviewers found it a little stiff and heavy; it might not be the best option for small dogs
Best Reflective Leash: Pawtitas Nylon Reflective Padded Dog Leash
Not only will this padded leash help keep your dog visible at night with its reflective strips, but it’s durable enough to keep up with strong pullers, too. It comes in two sizes with different width variations to compliment both small and large dog breeds. Not only can you feel good knowing your dog is visible in low-light settings, but the leash’s handle is padded for additional comfort to keep you both moving and enjoying the night.
- Available in nine colors and two sizes
- Neoprene padded handle for comfort
Best Light-Up Vest: Illumiseen LED Dog Vest
Illumiseen LED Dog Vest
Equipped with LED lights, this glowing dog harness is powered by a USB-rechargeable battery.
Safety vets are a handy way to add visibility without messing with the collar, harness, and leash combo you’ve perfected. Illumiseen adds a little extra oomph to your dog’s safety vest by embedding LED lights in its reflective strips. Available in five sizes, this vest features adjustable belt straps at the collar and tummy to ensure a good fit. This orange vest is rechargeable via a micro USB port, juicing back up in about an hour.
Reviewers offer enthusiastic praise for its sturdiness, adjustable fit, and mud-resistance. Our only wish? We’d like a hole in the back of the vest for a harness’s D rings. But it rides low enough on some dogs’ shoulders that it can work with a harness, depending on your pup’s shape.
- Available in five sizes: x-small, small, medium, large, and x-large
- Designed with two rows of LED lights along with reflective strips
- Fully charged within one hour
Best Reflective Vest: SafetyPup XD Reflective Dog Vest
This affordable, tough double-stitched vest, made from weatherproof rip-resistant nylon, delivers maximum visibility day or night. With an ergonomic design and a soft, smooth interior, the SafetyPup XD vest is comfortable enough for all-day adventures that last well after the sun goes down.
- Available in five sizes: x-small, small, medium, large, and x-large
- Easy and adjustable hook and loop closure
- Water-resistant fabric
Best Detachable Light: Nite Ize SpotLit LED Collar Light
If you’re looking for an easy attachment to increase your dog’s visibility, consider a more versatile LED light that can hook on a collar, leash, or harness—or even your own jacket. This light easily turns on and off with a push-button design and is powered by a lithium battery designed to last up to 20 hours before it needs replacing.
- Easy to attach stainless steel carabiner hook
- Choose between six different colors
How We Chose
The light-up collars, leashes, and harnesses featured here were selected based on a combination of our own hands-on testing and a comprehensive look at customer reviews across a wide variety of retail platforms. We prioritized convenience, durability, duration of charge, and comfort. We’re also guided by the experience of living and playing alongside our own much-loved and strongly opinionated pups, who are never stingy with their feedback.