SEATTLE – June 17, 2014 – Rover.com, the nation’s largest network connecting dog owners with dog lovers for hire, invites dog owners to join Rover and Lyft in celebrating Canine Coworkers Day on Friday, June 20. Rover and Lyft, the safe, friendly peer-to-peer ridesharing platform, are teaming up to offer a fun experience for dog owners and their furry friends during the Friday commute.
“Not only is it a joy to have dogs in the office, but research has shown it can promote lowered stress and increased productivity,” said Aaron Easterly, CEO of Rover.com. “We want to celebrate the many ways dogs enrich our lives and help others experience the benefits of having canine coworkers. We’re excited to be working with Lyft and are grateful they are making it easier to commute with a dog.”
In honor of Canine Coworkers Day, riders who take a Lyft with their dog on June 20 will have the opportunity to receive promotional discounts, fun giveaways, and the chance to participate in a social media photo contest.*
Here’s how it works:
- On June 20, individuals can request Lyft ride. (Requesting a pet-friendly ride is easy. Once a driver has confirmed the request in the Lyft app, use the “call driver” function to let your driver know you’re celebrating Canine Coworkers Day with Lyft and Rover.)
- New Lyft passengers and their pets can commute for free on Canine Coworkers Day. Enter code ROVER before requesting a Lyft to receive one free ride up to $25.
- For a chance to be one of five winners who get $100 in Lyft and Rover credits, participants are encouraged to take a picture of their dog enjoying the ride and share it on Twitter and Instagram, tagging @Lyft and @Roverdotcom and using the #RoverLyfts hashtag
- Participating Lyft drivers in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Miami, and Washington, D.C. will have some special presents for both dogs and owners in their car.
- Those community members who are new to Rover can visit www.rover.com/LYFT and use the promo code LYFT to enjoy $25 off their dog’s first stay** – for the days that they can’t bring their dog along.
* Contest begins 6/20/2014 at 3:00 a.m. Pacific time and ends 6/20/2014 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time.
** First-time Rover credit offer expires 6/19/2015.
Rover.com connects dog owners with a nationwide network of dog lovers for hire. Founded on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover makes it easy for dog owners throughout the US to reach sitters who offer in-home boarding, pet sitting, dog walking, and day care. More than 92 percent of the population lives within a short drive of one of Rover’s 25,000 sitters, and 95 percent of reviewed stays have received a perfect five-star rating. In addition to connecting pet owners with sitters, the Rover platform offers complimentary premium insurance for all services booked through Rover, 24/7 vet consultation, mobile apps, photo sharing, videos of stay highlights, and sitter background checks.