- This post contains affiliate links. Read more here.
- Not a substitute for professional veterinary help.
While shredding plush toys is pretty standard dog behavior, it can be a headache for some pet parents. Some dogs are inclined to consume the stuffing inside—which can become a choking hazard or block digestion, posing a health and safety risk. Then there’s the mess shredded stuffing makes. And even if you don’t have a pup who likes to eat the fluffy insides, you’ll likely want some durable toys with no stuffing that don’t require quite as much supervision.
But before you ban soft toys from your dog’s collection, consider a plush dog toy with no stuffing, made just for the shredders and tearers. Instead of messy cloud-like filling, they have neat crinkle paper, twisted rope, and even plastic bottles.
We’ve rounded up the best no-stuffing dog toys—taking into consideration size, play style, durability, and material—so you can find the perfect plushy for your pup.
- Best No-Stuffing Toy for Small Dogs: Outward Hound Invincibles Mini Stuffingless Dog Toy
- Best No-Stuffing Toy for Large Dogs: Outward Hound Invincibles No Stuffing Snake Dog Toy
- Best No-Stuffing Multipack: ZippyPaws No Stuffing Skinny Pelts, Fox, Raccoon, and Squirrel
- Best No-Stuffing Toy for Tug: KONG Wubba Tug Dog Toy
- Best No-Stuffing Toy with Texture: Vitscan Stuffless Squirrel with Rope Knot Dog Toy
- Best Re-Stuffable Toy: ZippyPaws Lobster Bottle Crusherz Dog Toy
- Best No-Stuffing Squeaker Toy: ZippyPaws Jigglerz No Stuffing Squeaky Plush Toy
- Best No-Stuffing, No-Squeaker Toy: Hear Doggy Flattie Ultrasonic Silent Squeaker Dog Toy
Best for Small Dogs: Outward Hound Invincibles Mini Stuffingless Dog Toy
Need a small toy for your little peep? Instead of stuffing, this mini chick packs a big punch with a jumbo squeaker that takes up the entirety of its insides. Double seams and lining add durability to the design, which is available in a variety of adorable animal shapes. Reviewers with small-breed pups, like Miniature Dachshunds and Maltipoos, confirm that the toy tends to withstand the sharp teeth of smaller biters better than many other plush toys.
- Measures 5″ x 6.75″
- Dura-Tuff inner lining
- Double-layered outer seams
Best for Large Dogs: Outward Hound Invincibles No Stuffing Snake Dog Toy
Outward Hound’s Invincibles line also has no-stuffing dog toys for bigger breeds. Available in three large sizes, this heavy-duty snake comes in large, extra-large, and double-extra large. Multiple squeakers add more fun to playtime (these are great for tug) with the double-extra large featuring a whopping 12 squeakers.
- Made with inner Dura-Tuff lining
- Double stitched seams
- “Invincible” squeakers that work even when punctured
Best Multipack: ZippyPaws No Stuffing Skinny Pelts
This popular pack includes not one, not two, but three no-stuffing dog toys—making them convenient for multi-dog households. They’re also a fun way to trade out toys during a game of fetch with your pup. Highly rated, this plush toy gets high marks for its flat design that dogs love to squeak and shake. And if your super chewer rips through one, you’ve got two more in your back pocket!
- Available in two sizes: 11” and 18”
- Smaller size has two squeakers, large size has three
- Comes in four different woodland creatures sets
Best for Tug: KONG Wubba Tug Dog Toy
Great for dogs who love to play tug with their soft toys, the KONG Wubba offers a sturdy and quirky design that dogs find enticing. The top features two balls—a tennis ball and a squeaky ball—while the bottom has long floppy tails for your dog to grasp. Bouncy and squeaky, this interactive no-stuffing toy is also ideal for solo play.
- Available in red, blue, and purple
- Comes in small, large, XL
- Covered in durable nylon
Best Texture: Vitscan Stuffless Squirrel with Rope Knot Dog Toy
This cute squirrel offers multiple enticing textures for your pup to nibble on, thrash around, and play with. Crinkle paper fills the body of the toy, creating a hard-to-resist crunch sound, and twisted rope knots make up the arms and legs—perfect for a game of tug. There’s even a squeaker in the head! While the different textures offer an exciting experience, reviewers note that it won’t last long with super chewers.
- Rope texture helps clean teeth
- Machine washable
- Measures about 11 inches
Best Re-Stuffable Toy: ZippyPaws Lobster Bottle Crusherz Dog Toy
Let your pup help you with recycling! Free of stuffing, this lobster toy can lay flat or hold an empty water bottle inside for added crinkle and crunch (just make sure to supervise). A reinforced double layer adds durability and protects your dog’s mouth while they chew on the edges. The toy even comes with a free water bottle to get you started.
- Includes reusable squeaky cap
- Measures 10 x 4 x 3.5 inches
- Closely supervise heavy chewers
Best Squeaker: ZippyPaws Jigglerz No Stuffing Squeaky Plush Toy
Bringing a whole new way to squeak, this ZippyPaws no-stuffing dog toy has a unique noisemaker that makes a giggling, jiggling sound when it’s shaken from side to side. The head and tail are also stuffed with crinkle paper for fun-sounding chomps. Double-lined and stitched, this toy is a strong choice for pups with a high prey drive.
- Comes in a variety of animal shapes
- Noisemaker exclusive to ZippyPaws
- Lined with extra layer of tough Cordura material
Best No Squeaker: Hear Doggy Flattie Ultrasonic Silent Squeaker Dog Toy
Technically, this no-stuffing dog toy does have a squeaker, but it’s one that only dogs can hear. Operating on an ultrasonic frequency, the patented squeaker is out of human hearing range—making it a great toy to keep your dog busy while you work or entertain at home.
- Made of tough chew-guard technology
- Includes reinforced seams
- Measures around 12 inches
How We Chose Our No-Stuffing Dog Toys
The products featured here were selected based on a combination of our own hands-on testing and a comprehensive look at customer reviews across a wide variety of retail platforms. While reviewing no-stuffing dog toys, we prioritized variety, popularity, and quality. We’re also guided by the experience of living and playing alongside our own much-loved and strongly opinionated pets, who are never stingy with their feedback.