Now here is a treat any dog will sit up and beg for! We combine fresh liver (you can use beef or chicken) with tummy-friendly oat flour, protein-packed eggs, and a splash of coat-boosting coconut oil for the stinkiest, tastiest treat a dog could ask for.
What’s so great about liver for dogs? Well, besides offering a taste and smell dogs can’t pass up, it’s packed with far more nutrients than muscle meat. That means plenty of vitamins A and B, iron and other minerals, CoQ10, and tons of protein.
Homemade Liver Dog Treats Perfect for Training
If you don’t have a food processor, start by finely chopping the meat, then follow along with the rest of the recipe in a large mixing bowl.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 1 tray 1x
- Category: Training Treats
- 1 cup beef or chicken liver
- 2 cups oat flour (pulverize rolled oats in the food processor to make your own)
- 1 cup AP flour (you can substitute with whatever flour you dog digests best)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
Preheat oven to 375º
- In a food processor, blend the liver into a paste.
- Add the flours and pulse until combined.
- Crack in the eggs and pulse until just incorporated.
Turn the dough out onto a parchment-lined board and roll to an even ¼” thickness.
Cut with cookie cutters, or if you’re in a hurry, score with a bench scraper or butter knife and turn out lots of little rectangular treats pronto.
Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 20 minutes or until just cooked through. Keep these soft baked treats in the fridge, or cook until crispy to store on the counter and use within a week.