What dog can say no to the powerful combination of peanut butter and bacon? These DIY peanut butter-bacon bites for dogs are the ultimate reward for your very good boy (or girl).
You can adjust cookie size, so this roll-out dog treat recipe is perfect for whipping up a big batch of tasty little cookies. As an added bonus, these crunchy dog treats will fill your kitchen with the aromas of rich peanut butter and savory, smoky bacon.
Peanut Butter Bacon Dog Treats in Action
Yum! Ready to bake? Your dog thinks so.
Peanut Butter Bacon Bites Dog Treat Recipe
Yield 2 Trays of cookies
- 3 Cups Oat Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Natural Peanut Butter (beware of xylitol, a sweetener dangerous to dogs)
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Cup Leftover Bacon
- Food Processor
- 2 Parchment-Lined Baking Sheets
- Rolling Pin
Preheat oven to 350º and adjust the racks so you can easily manipulate two baking trays.
- Blitz four cups of oats in the food processor until you get a nice flour consistency. Remove the oat flour to a large bowl and set aside.
- Place bacon in food processor and blitz to crumble.
- Add the peanut butter, applesauce, and eggs into the bowl of the food processor. Pulse lightly to combine.
- Add the flour to the wet mixture by the cupful, pulsing to incorporate. The dough should set at three cups, leaving you 1 cup extra flour for rolling out.
Turn dough onto a lightly floured board to roll in two batches.
Roll out your dough, adding flour as necessary. Cut out your cookies using your favorite small cookie cutters.
Bake for 30 minutes, rotating and swapping the trays halfway through. Remove when just golden.
Let the treats cool inside the oven for a crispier cookie.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @roverdotcom on Instagram and hashtag it #cookingwithrover.
Tilt-tastically delicious, says Bea.