Rover.com—the nation’s largest network of dog lovers for hire—has an unprecedented benefits package including special perks specifically designed for dogs and the humans who love them. Chief among them? Start working at Rover.com, and the company will give you a puppy.*
“The human-animal bond bypasses the intellect and goes straight to the heart and emotions, and nurtures us in ways that nothing else can.” — Karen Winegar, New York Times
Get a Puppy from Rover and Live a Longer, Happier Life
When you join the team at Rover.com, we will give you a puppy if you don’t have a dog already. And that puppy may just extend your life.
Science has spoken. Having a dog has been proven to lengthen lives by increasing happiness (via “6 Incredible Health Benefits of Having a Dog”).
- Dogs Improve Moods: Studies have shown that having a pet can lessen the symptoms of depression and help you maintain an optimistic outlook.
- Dogs Decrease Stress: Consider this 2012 story about office workers in North Carolina who showed significantly lowered stress levels when they were allowed to bring dogs to work.
- Dog Owners Get More Oxytocin: Spending time with pets increases your level of the hormone oxytocin, often referred to as the “love hormone.”
- Dog Owners Have Healthier Hearts: According to the American Heart Association, having a dog can help lower your risk of heart disease. You’re more likely to be active, and physical activity is the best thing for your heart.
- Dog Owners Rock Sexier Bodies: Regular dog walks may improve your muscle tone and flexibility, too. Studies have shown that pet parents who regularly walk their dogs get more exercise per week than non-dog-people.
- Dogs Improve Your Social Life: In a study published in the British Journal of Health Psychology, head researcher Mary Wells noted that having a dog “facilitate[s] the development of social contacts, which may enhance both physiological and psychological human health” (source).
- Dogs Just May Save Your Life: Dogs can be trained to alert diabetic people to changes in blood sugar levels; warn epileptics of a seizure; and even sniff out cancer.
Plus, working at Rover.com means you enjoy the company of adorable dogs every day.
Actual Rover Dogs
Answering the Baha Men’s age-old question, Rover.com let the dogs out, and now they’re connecting employees with the furry loves of their lives. The rest—more snuggles and longer, happier lives—will surely follow.
Join the Rover.com pack today and get a puppy! Longer lives. Cuter dogs. Cutting edge technology.
*No, folks—we’re not actually handing you a puppy on your first day. We’ll reimburse you for the costs of adopting a dog, should you decide you want one. If you want to become a pet parent, we want to make it possible for you.