Gâteries pour chiens au pâté au poulet
This recipe is perfect to use up a little leftover dry turkey or chicken meat from a holiday roast, or you can use ground meat if you find a good sale.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: variable
- Category: Holiday treats
- 1 cup cooked and finely diced turkey or chicken
- 2 ½ cups flour (AP flour, Wheat, or Oat flour will all work well)
- ½ low or no-sodium chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- optional: turmeric, sage, and parsley to taste
- ½ cup frozen mixed peas and carrots or leftover plain veggies diced
You will need a cookie cutter (or a glass will do in a pinch!) we used a small biscuit cutter because the fluted edges remind us of pie crust.
- Preheat the oven to 350 ºF (175 ºC).
- Place the flour, meat, and spices (if using) in a bowl and mix to combine
- Add the broth in, mixing thoroughly
- Add eggs and mix just until the dough holds together nicely
- Now fold in the veggies, being careful not to mash them up too much
- Divide dough in half and roll out to about a 1/4″ thickness and cut out, placing on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies until just golden around the edges, about 20 minutes
Keywords: Chicken, holiday, savory