No! Slugs can carry the larvae of a parasite call lungworm. Ingesting this parasite puts your dog at risk for respiratory disease, internal hemorrhaging, and even death if left untreated. If your dog has eaten a slug, be sure to call your vet.
Symptoms to Watch For
If your dog eats a slug, watch for these symptoms:
- Difficulty breathing
- Stomach pain
- Weight loss
For More Information
We’ve got tons of articles about which foods are safe or dangerous for your dog, from common snacks to fruits. You might also be interested in “Can My Dog Eat Insects?”
The information provided in this article is not a substitute for professional veterinary help.