No. Do not give your dog chocolate milk. Chocolate contains methylxanthines (like caffeine) that are toxic to dogs. In addition, many adult dogs are lactose intolerant and will have difficulty digesting milk leading to gas and general discomfort. If your dog has consumed chocolate milk, call your vet.
Symptoms to Watch For
If your dog has had chocolate milk, watch for these symptoms:
- Rapid breathing
For More Information
We’ve got tons of articles about which foods are safe or dangerous for your dog, from common snacks to fruits. You might also be interested in “Can My Dog Eat Chocolate?”
The information provided in this article is not a substitute for professional veterinary help.