When your dog is recovering from surgery, it’s tough to give them safe outlets for their energy. How can you keep your pet happy and engaged, but still restrict their movement? Veterinarian Dr. Dan Teich of DistrictVet.com recommends these toys, depending on your dog’s specific recovery needs. They promote mental stimulation and gentle play, while making sure your dog doesn’t overdo it during the healing process.
The Full List
Post Orthopedic Surgery
- Zoobilee Mighty Meaties Plush Toy – this toy allows for gentle tugging while your best friend rests.
- KONG Rubber Chew Toy – Your best bud can chew and play while not having to move around.
- Bob-A-Lot Interactive Toy – The puzzle solving aspect can help to work your puppy pal’s brain while not making them move their legs.
Post Spay, Neuter or Abdominal Procedures
- Hartz Dura Play Dog Bone – These are great for providing hours of chewing fun without the toy rolling away. Want an added bonus? It smells like bacon!
- Planet Dog Orbee-Tuff Ball– Your best bud will get a ton of play and treats without a ton of movement making it fun and rewarding.
- Outward Hound Doggy Blocks Puzzle Toy– Watch as your little hunter searches for food and treats without having to run around.
Restricted Exercise Recovery
- goDog Shellz Clam Chew Toy– These fun sea creatures are soft enough for comforting him while durable enough for soft chewing and tugging.
- Suction Cup Popsicle Pet Chew Toy– Suction this treat holder to the floor to offer an effective way to entertain your barking bestie.
- Kong Quest Starpod– A low-profile puzzling treat dispenser to provide mental stimulation while healing.
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that if you decide to buy something when you click one, we may receive a small commission. Click here to learn more.