- This post contains affiliate links. Read more here.
All pet owners know the struggle to rid a household of pet hair is real. Seriously, just how did that enormous furball get there?! And shimmying under the furniture, or rearranging the living room to get rid of all that pet hair? It’s a hassle and a headache (not to mention a nightmare for those with allergies). But don’t give up: A high-tech robot vacuum for pet hair could be the solution.
Robot vacuums offer a level of convenience, cleaning power, and—let’s be real—coolness that you just won’t find in a conventional model. With a robot vacuum, there’s no more laying on the floor, trying desperately to reach a pile of dog hair hiding underneath your couch. The vacuum does all the work for you, easily navigating around and under furniture, removing dust, debris, and pet hair from your floors. And the best part? With most of these robot vacuums, all it takes is a few clicks of a button and they get to work, leaving you free for other tasks.
So, for those of us with a serious amount of fur on our hands (and floors, and furniture), what are the best robot vacuums for pet hair? We’ve scoured the internet for the top-performing, best-reviewed, most maneuverable, and easiest to use models that offer convenience and power in a range of price points. Consider one of the options we’ve rounded up here.
You can’t talk about robot vacuums without talking about the iRobot from high-tech vacuum giant Roomba. This product set the bar for robot vacuums—and it’s still one of the best on the market. The iRobot is the definition of high-tech; it’s self-charging, has sensors to guide it around (and under) furniture, and has WiFi connectivity. You can even vacuum when you’re not home with the iRobot HOME App!
But it’s more than just high-tech—it’s powerful. Between its multi-stage cleaning system and proprietary brushes that loosen, extract and suck up dirt and debris, nary a dustball escapes this vacuum, including pet hair. The iRobot even features “Dirt Detector” sensors that allow the vacuum to detect where pet hair is most concentrated in your home and then spend extra time suctioning up every last strand.
Features of note:
- Easily schedule cleanings on the go with the iRobot HOME app (compatible with both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant)
- Sleek, stylish design makes the iRobot look more like a high-end piece of home decor than a vacuum cleaner
- Sensors allow the iRobot to navigate around and under furniture
- 90 minutes of continuous run time
- Automatic dock and recharge following each cleaning session
- Works on both carpets and wood floors
If you’re on the market for the latest and greatest in smart vacuum technology, you’ll want to check out the Roborock S5 Robotic Vacuum. This vacuum does it all—and does it well. The S5 easily wheels around furniture, navigates over any items lower than 2 centimeters off the ground, and clean next to and around stairs (without falling, of course). The S5’s Mi Home app is also one of the best in the industry, offering capabilities like route planning (including setting up barriers or vacuum “no zones”), scheduling, real-time updates, and spot cleaning.
Combine that with the S5’s impressive battery power (which provides 150 minutes of continuous cleaning time) and simultaneous sweep and mop technology that not only picks up stray pet hair, but cleans the floor beneath it, and you have a powerful robotic vacuum that justifies its high price tag (currently $519.99 on Amazon).
Features of note:
- Companion app offers a high level of convenience and multiple customization options
- Synchronous sweep and mop technology offers a deeper level of clean
- Powerful battery capacity enables 150 minutes of continuous cleaning—perfect for larger homes
- Can accommodate a variety of floor surfaces
- Allows you to customize which areas you want clean—and which areas you want to be avoided—in your home
- 2000Pa suction is strong enough to remove even the most stubborn pet hair
- 1-year warranty
There’s no way around the fact that robotic vacuums are going to be more expensive than your typical, run-of-the-mill vacuum cleaners. But that doesn’t mean that more down to earth prices aren’t to be found—and the Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac is one of them.
The price tag on this model, currently $229.99 on Amazon, is more than reasonable—especially considering what you get for the price. The BoostIQ leverages cutting-edge technology (like an automatic increase in suction power when faced with tough messes and an infrared sensor to avoid furniture and other obstacles) to rid your home of dirt and debris—including any hair your pet leaves around the home.
Features of note:
- At just 2.85 inches, a slim profile offers enhanced maneuverability and a small footprint
- Infrared sensor allows the vacuum to navigate around furniture and other obstacles in the home
- Anti-scratch tempered glass-top offers greater durability and protection
- Delivers up to 100 continuous minutes of clean time
- Designed for use on both hardwood floors and carpets
- 1300Pa suction is strong enough to remove a variety of messes from your floors—including pet hair
Vacuum suction power is generally measured in Pascal units, abbreviated as “Pa.” We’re humble pet lovers—not scientists—so it’s, um, kind of complicated to explain (you can get the gist here).
A good rule of thumb to keep in mind is that the higher the Pa rating, the higher the suction power (and thus, often a higher price tag). But for pet owners with lint rollers, FurMinators (and, let’s face it, packing tape) stashed here, there and everywhere, it’s hard to put a price on the fur-free life (and one of these robot vacuums for pet hair pays for itself with all the time and energy you’ll save).
There aren’t many budget-friendly robotic vacuums, but coming in at $165.99 on Amazon, the Coredy Robot Vacuum Cleaner is about as wallet-friendly as they get. This robot vacuum has it all, from an ultra-slim design to anti-collision and anti-drop technology, a high-powered battery offering 110 minutes of continuous clean time, and customizable cleaning preferences—all at a price point significantly lower than similar models.
And thanks to its powerful 1400Pa of suction, this high-tech vacuum will have no problem ridding your floors of pet hair, no matter how much your pet sheds. One Amazon reviewer awarded it the ultimate praise: “I can walk barefooted now.”
Features of note:
- High capacity Li-ion battery supports up to 110 minutes of continuous cleaning time
- 1400Pa of suction is powerful enough to get rid of stubborn dirt and debris—including pet hair
- Comes equipped with a variety of accessories (including a high-efficiency filter, four side brushes, cleaning brush, remote control, charging dock, and adaptor) to keep your home clean and pet hair-free
- Sleek and slim (2.7-inch) design makes an attractive addition to any home
- The lower price tag makes this a more cost-effective option for robot vacuum shoppers on a budget
- 1-year warranty
Another budget-friendly option at $159.99, the ILIFE V3s Pro Robotic Vacuum was specifically designed with pets in mind. This high-tech vacuum has all the features you need to rid your floors of pet hair, including smart sensors that easily navigate around and under furniture, and a programmable schedule that puts you in control of the cleaning process. This model also features one of the longest run times on this list at 140 minutes, which is especially impressive considering the lower price point.
Features of note:
- Self-charging and offers a continuous run time of 120 to 140 minutes
- Pet hair-finding technology focuses on removing hair and fur from hardwood floors, thin carpet, and tile
- Smart sensors allow for easy navigation throughout the home
- Programmable scheduling makes it easy to clean on-the-go
- Reasonable price point—making it the perfect option for budget-conscious pet owners
If you think robotic vacuums should be seen and not heard, you’ll want to check out this model. Designed to offer a quieter vacuum experience (maximum noise is 65 decibels), you’ll hardly notice this vacuum is cleaning your home—until you see how amazing your floors look.
Thanks to five cleaning modes and an impressive 1800Pa of suction, this compact robotic vacuum is powerful enough to rid your home of even the most stubborn pet hair messes—and comes equipped with enough bells and whistles (like anti-drop technology and a HEPA filter) to make it a serious contender for the best robot vacuum for pet hair.
Features of note:
- Slim design (2.9 inches) allows the vacuum to easily clean under furniture
- Equipped with multiple cleaning modes including “Spot Cleaning,” “Edge Cleaning,” and “Single Room” for a high level of customization and flexibility
- 1800Pa suction powerful enough for all kinds of dirt, debris, and messes—including pet hair
- Anti-drop sensor makes it an ideal choice for two-story homes
- Cleaning scale up to 1650 square feet
- Noise-conscious design makes for a quiet vacuum experience
- HEPA filter purifies air during the vacuuming process, benefitting you and your pet
This DEENKEE model has all the bells and whistles you might expect from a robot vacuum, including anti-collision and anti-drop technology, self-charging capabilities, and a sleek, slim design that can easily navigate under furniture. The 1500Pa suction is powerful enough to remove any stubborn dirt and debris from all the surfaces in your home—including pet hair.
And with a price tag of $219.95, it’s also one of the more affordable models on the market—so if you’re looking to try the robot vacuum trend without completely breaking the bank, you may want to give this model a try.
(Plus, with 96% of reviewers giving the DEENKEE Robot Vacuum a five-star rating, it seems to be a consumer favorite!)
Features of note:
- Six customizable cleaning modes, including timed cleaning
- Slim, 2.8-inch design makes it easy to navigate tough-to-reach areas (including underneath furniture)
- 1500Pa suction powerful enough to remove all kinds of debris from floors—including pet hair
- Brushless motor technology makes for a quiet vacuum experience (noise is less than 55 decibels)
- Anti-collision and anti-drop technology
- Self-charging; when the vacuum hits less than 20% battery power, it automatically returns to charging base
Still not sure which robot vacuum is the best option to rid your home of pet hair? Here are a few factors to consider during the shopping process:
- Tech compatibility. If you’re going to invest in a robot vacuum, you want to make sure it will easily integrate into the other technology you’re already using (for example, if you have an Android, you want to make sure your vacuum’s mobile app is available on Google Play). Before you decide on a vacuum, make sure it’s compatible with your existing technology.
- Surface type. Some robot vacuums work well on all surfaces, including carpets—but others are strictly meant for hardwood floors. Before you buy a robot vacuum of your own, make sure it can remove pet hair from all the surfaces in your home.
- Tech-savvy. Some robot vacuums are easier to use than others. If you consider yourself to be a tech-savvy person, great! You should have no problem with any of the models out there on the market. But if you consider yourself a person who struggles to catch on with new technologies, make sure you consider the unit’s specific technology before you purchase a particular model. (And don’t worry—there are models out there that are easier to use than others!)
- Warranty. Robot vacuums are like any other piece of technology—and, just like any other piece of technology, they have the potential to break. Before you commit to a specific model, research their warranty policy—and make sure that if your robot vacuum breaks, they’ll replace it.
Want to learn more about how to get rid of the pesky pet hair that’s making your home feel like a mess? Check out these articles:
- The 20 Best Vacuums For Dog Owners In 2019 That Actually Work
- 6 Tools For Dealing With Excessive Shedding In Dogs
- 10 Best Dog Brushes For Shedding
- 10 Practical Ways to Control Your Pet Allergies When You’re a Dog Owner