Do you have an avocado getting a little too wrinkly on your kitchen counter? Why not whip up a batch of these quick and easy homemade dog cookies? Avocado dog treats provide healthy fat and vitamins while skipping the peel and seed that are potentially harmful to dogs.
Avocados have amazing health benefits for your dog, in fact. From heart-healthy omega fatty acids a rich source of fiber, this vitamin-packed fruit is a wonderful treat for dogs and people alike. These dog-safe treats utilize the healthy avocado fruit and are crafted entirely with dog-friendly ingredients.
Easy 3-Ingredient Avocado Dog Treats
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
- Category: Simply Delicious
- 1 avocado, peeled and pit removed
- 2 cups oat flour (pulverize rolled oats in a food processor)
- 2 eggs
You may need to add some additional flour depending on the size of your avocado, so keep some extra on hand.
Preheat oven to 350º
- Slice your peeled and pitted avocado into the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the oat flour and pulse to combine.
- Add the eggs and pulse to combine.
- Add more flour as necessary to get a workable dough.
Turn out onto a parchment lined surface and roll to an even 1/4 inch thickness.
Cut out and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until just browned around the edges.
You can turn off the oven and leave cookies inside to cool slowly, creating a crunchier dog treat.
Make this year the year that you, well, treat your dog to homemade dog treats!