Whether you’re looking for a whole lot of acreage, splash pads or something with a spectacular view, we’ve rounded up some pet-friendly park options for York. We’re positive your dog will be excited about the situation as well!
Click on the parks in the map below for more info on the parks, and scroll down for Instagram photos of each park!
Top 6 Dog Parks in York
- Canine Meadows at John Rudy Park
- Doggie Dugout
- Beneful Dream Dog Park Buchanan Park
- Riverfront Park
- Happy Tails Dog Park at Kohl Memorial Park
- Northwest Lancaster County River Trail
1. Canine Meadows at John Rudy Park
400 Mundis Race Rd., York, PA 17347
- 13.5 acres of fenced park for pups to run free
- Plenty of shady trees for keeping cool
- Featuring three separate play areas
- Don’t stay after dark or you may get a hefty fine!
- Super social, friendly dog owners
2. Doggie Dugout
4075 Lisburn Road Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
- Keep dogs cool with the water fountain on premises
- Plenty of leftover toys for pups to play with
- Small dog and large dog areas
- Benches for the two-legged folks!
- Take leashed canines for a hike on the nearby trails
- Watch out for the occasional careless dog owner with a rowdy dog
3. Beneful Dream Dog Park Buchanan Park
901 Buchanan Ave. Lancaster, PA 17603
- Popular with local dog lovers
- Small and large dog areas have splash pads!
- Tennis ball tree – enough said
- Owners could be a little better about picking up after their dogs
- Always free from dawn to dusk
View this post on Instagram
My 4th Birthday?is coming up this Thursday and my pawrents took me to a ⭐️DREAM⭐️ dog park in Lancaster, PA as a special birthday treat yesterday ? For any dog owners traveling in the Lancaster area with your pups, The Buchanan Dog Park is a must to visit !!!!! #dreamdogpark #birthday #birthdayweekendtrip #buchanandogpark #lancaster #pennsylvania #australianlabradoodle #labradoodlesofinstagram #barkbox #clubdoodle #mrssizzle #huffgrampost #topdogphoto #theraydog #lastweekendbeforethenewpuppycomes
4. Riverfront Park
Front Street, Harrisburg, PA
- Not an off-leash option, but popular spot for walking your pup
- Lovely paved path along the Susquehanna River
- Festivals and events for every season
- Beautiful, relaxing oasis in the middle of the city
5. Happy Tails Dog Park at Kohl Memorial Park
1050 Dowhower Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17111
- Cozy neighborhood spot popular with locals
- Small and large dogs have their own areas
- Take an on-leash stroll through the woods afterwards
- Bring a sunhat since shade is hard to come by!
- Tennis court, basketball court and more attached – fun for the whole family
6. Northwest Lancaster County River Trail
Chickies Rock County Park, Lancaster, PA 17547
- Trails are courtesy of Rails-to-Trails Conservancy, a nonprofit that transforms former rail lines into beautiful places to explore
- Beautiful, spectacular views
- Paved path makes walking safe and easy
- Peaceful place to walk with your pup – just be sure to keep them leashed!
Have too many plans to exercise your dog properly while you’re in Pennsylvania?
Rest easy knowing that you can easily hire a local dog walker who will be happy to help out.
Your dog will thank you!