- Riley is a 4 year, 6 mo. old Labrador Retriever & Rhodesian Ridgeback in new orleans, LA
Riley is timid around anything new - be that people or surroundings. It's best to ignore him and let him come to you. While on walks he can be intimidated by buses/trucks, bikes, kids (and kids on a bike is a double whammy for him), or loud noises. Using a high voice (one of encouragement) will get you much farther with him than a stern tone. Never chase him - you won't catch him. Rather run excitedly the opposite direction and call his name.
- Sex: Male
- Age: 4 years, 6 mo. old
- Weight: 60lbs
- Breed: Labrador Retriever & Rhodesian Ridgeback
- Tracking Chip: Yes
- Neutered: Yes
- House Trained: Yes
- Gets along with children: Yes
Riley is scared of all people at first and won't approach humans until he knows them well. Kids take some extra time.
- Gets along with other dogs: Yes
Yes. He loves all dogs. People not so much.
- Gets along with cats: Yes
He's never really been around cats. I'm sure he'd do fine if he's introduced to them.