At Rover, your dog enjoys the TLC of an individual backed by the support of a nationwide company. Premium insurance is a key part of this equation, and we're proud to provide pet parents and sitters exceptional insurance coverage throughout their stays. As a pet parent, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing every time you book a stay with a Rover dog sitter, incidents as a result of a stay are covered by premium insurance. As a dog sitter, you can enjoy playtime with your canine clients knowing you'll have support when needed. It's a win-win!
Premium Insurance Is Secondary Insurance
Premium insurance acts as a secondary insurance to stays and services booked on Rover.
How It Works
Before seeking reimbursement from Rover, you'll need to seek reimbursement from a primary insurance provider, such as your home, health, or pet insurance.
For example, as a pet parent, if your pet damages your home during a stay with a Rover sitter, you would first have to seek reimbursement from your existing home or other primary policy. If reimbursement is denied or does not cover all your out-of-pocket costs, you can then seek reimbursement through premium insurance. Rover and/or its underwriter may request documentation regarding insurance claims made to your primary insurance provider.
See Rover's Terms of Service (Section 2.5.2) for more details.
What Care Is Eligible?
- Dog boarding
- Pet sitting
- Dog walking
- Any pet service for an animal booked through Rover.com
For example, if you’re a sitter and a dog in your care gets hurt and suddenly needs to see a veterinarian, you can feel better knowing they'll get the care they need with little out of pocket expense from you.
There is a $250 deductible per claim for injuries to a pet parent’s or sitter’s pet. Pet parents are responsible for this deductible for injuries to their own pets, and the sitters are responsible for the deductible for injuries to their own pets. There are no separate fees for this premium insurance.
Coverage for Dog Pet Parent's Pets
This provides medical coverage for the pet parent's pet(s) in the sitter’s care, custody, and control.
- Up to $25,000 for each pet in the sitter's care
- $250 deductible, covered by the pet parent
Coverage for Sitter's Resident Pets
This coverage is valid for veterinary care for the sitter's resident pet(s) as a direct result of contact with the pet parent's pet.
- Up to $5,000 for the sitter’s pet(s)
- $250 deductible per incident, covered by the sitter
General liability covers bodily injury to a person other than the sitter, pet parent, or someone directly related to the sitter or pet parent, as well as damage to the pet parent's personal property that the sitter becomes legally obligated to pay.
- Up to $2,000,000 per occurrence
- Up to $3,000,000 general aggregate
- No deductible
Professional liability covers damage to the pet parent's property arising out of the rendering of, or failure to render, services of the pet sitter.
- Up to $1,000,000 per occurrence
- Up to $1,000,000 general aggregate
- No deductible
Coverage Doesn't Include:
- Damage to the sitter's personal property
- Injuries to the sitter or anyone related to or living with the sitter, or helping provide pet care during the stay
- Injuries to the pet parent or anyone related to or living with the pet parent
- Treatment costs for medical or veterinary bills as a result of dog illness, a preexisting condition, or preventable care
- Stays or pet care booked outside of Rover.com
- Damage made or medical care required as a result of Meet & Greet