At Rover, your dog enjoys the TLC of an individual backed by the support of a nationwide company. Premium insurance is a key part of this equation, and we're proud to provide pet owners, sitters, and dog walkers access to exceptional insurance coverage. As a dog owner, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing every time you book with a sitter or dog walker on Rover, incidents as a result of the booking are covered by premium insurance. As a person providing care, you can enjoy playtime with your dog clients knowing you'll have support when needed. It's a win-win!
Rover makes no affirmations regarding what types of claims may or may not be covered by your home, health, or pet insurance policy or any other policy. Policies differ in their coverage and you should consult your policy or agent to understand your policy.
See Rover's Terms of Service (Section 2.5.2) for more details.
What Care Is Eligible?
- Dog boarding
- Day care
- Pet sitting
- Dog walking
- Any pet service for an animal booked through Rover.com (such as cat care)
For example, if you’re a sitter and a dog in your care gets hurt and suddenly needs to see a veterinarian, you can feel better knowing they'll get the care they need with little out-of-pocket expense from you.
There is a $500 deductible per claim for injuries to a pet owner’s, sitter's, or dog walker’s pet. Pet owners are responsible for this deductible for injuries to their own pets, and the sitters and dog walkers are responsible for the deductible for injuries to their own pets. There are no separate fees for this premium insurance for any bookings made on Rover. All deductibles are collected by Rover with the exception of New York State (In New York State, all claims are handled by a third-party insurer).
Coverage for an Owner's Pets
This provides medical coverage for the pet owner's pet(s) in the sitter or dog walker's care, custody, and control.
- Up to $25,000 for each pet in the sitter or dog walker's care
- $500 deductible, covered by the pet owner
Coverage for a Sitter or Dog Walker's Resident Pets
This coverage is valid for veterinary care for the sitter or dog walker's resident pet(s) as a direct result of contact with the pet owner's pet.
- Up to $5,000 for the sitter or dog walker's pet(s)
- $500 deductible, covered by the pet owner, covered by the sitter or dog walker
General liability covers bodily injury to a person other than the sitter, dog walker, pet owner, or someone directly related to the pet owner, sitter, or dog walker—as well as damage to the pet owner's personal property that the sitter or dog walker becomes legally obligated to pay.
- Up to $2,000,000 per occurrence
- Up to $3,000,000 general aggregate
- No deductible
Professional liability covers property damage that occurs as a result of a sitter or dog walker’s services, or from failing to render those services.
- Up to $1,000,000 per occurrence
- Up to $1,000,000 general aggregate
- No deductible
Coverage Doesn't Include:
- Damage to the sitter or dog walker's personal property
- Injuries to the sitter/dog walker, anyone related to or living with the sitter/dog walker, or anyone helping provide pet care during the booking
- Injuries to the pet owner or anyone related to or living with the pet owner
- Treatment costs for medical or veterinary bills as a result of dog illness, a pre-existing condition, or preventable care
- Bookings made outside of Rover.com
- Damage made or medical care required as a result of Meet & Greet