Become A Dog Walker with Rover, and Earn Up to $1,000 Per Month

Become a dog walker, like this dog walker taking a selfie with her Rover dog.



We're the nation's largest network of dog walkers—join us!



Become a Dog Walker



Looking for Dog Walker Jobs?

Why not start your own business instead? When you list your services on Rover, you get access to thousands of dog owners near you who are looking for the perfect dog walker.

Make money doing something you love.

We'll take care of payments so you can focus on the good stuff: meeting dog walking clients.

Control your rates and schedule.

You're in charge. Seamlessly manage the details of your dog walking business on the site or app.

Rest easy knowing we've got your back.

We're here for dog walkers—always. Every booking includes the Rover Guarantee and 24/7 support.

Enjoy ongoing coaching and support.

You'll get access to safety tips, educational opportunities, and tools to grow your business as a dog walker.



How Dog Walking on Rover Works

Through Rover, pet parents can find, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs, including dog walking.

    1. See if you qualify to become a dog walker.

Tell us a bit about yourself. We'll manually review your dog walker profile within a few business days.

    1. Let the requests come your way.

Once you're live on the site, dog owners will start sending you dog walking requests—just like that!

    1. Optional: schedule an optional in-person Meet & Greet.

Exchanges messages and get to know dog owners—and their dogs—before you book a dog walk.

    1. Book and get paid on Rover.

You'll get paid automatically two days after your dog walk ends through Rover's secure platform.


Become a Dog Walker


Frequently Asked Questions

What are the requirements to become a dog walker?

You need to be 18 years or older and able to pass a general background check. Beyond that—dog walkers on Rover come from a variety of backgrounds. If you work from home or you're a student, recent grad, nanny, babysitter, seasonal worker, entry-level job seeker, retiree, or contract worker, Rover could be a great fit for you. If you're a vet tech, vet assistant, or in any pet care or animal care field, you could make money with Rover while building your professional skills. But of course, nothing is more important than a deep love of dogs.


What sets Rover apart from dog walking jobs?

On Rover, you have access to hundreds of pet parents near you, but you're in charge of your dog walking business. You set your schedule, choose your rates, and work when you want, where you want.


How much does it cost to become a dog walker on Rover?

It's free to create your profile on Rover, and you keep 80% of your earnings. The other 20% helps us cover benefits for dog walkers, including the costs of processing payments and ongoing promotion of dog walkers on Rover—as well as Rover’s customer support, 24/7 trust and safety coverage, and important site maintenance and product improvements.


Can I offer services besides dog walking?

Dog walkers on Rover can also offer dog boarding (watching dogs overnight in your home), house sitting (taking care of your client's dog and their home overnight), doggy day care, and drop-in visits. It's up to you!

Get Started


Top Cities for Dog Walking Opportunities

You can sign up as a dog walker on Rover anywhere in the nation, but we're running a unique program called On Demand in these cities:

Click on the links to more about the On Demand dog walking program!