BECOME A DOG WALKER WITH ROVER.COM
Date Updated: 2018-11-19
Looking for a job as a dog walker? Why not start your own business instead and work on contract? Make up to $1,000 (or more!) per month walking dogs in San Diego, CA with Rover.com, the nation's largest network of dog walkers and pet sitters.
Book walks that suit your schedule:
- Now - Arrive within 30 minutes of accepting the walk
- Later - Accept a one-time or recurring walk for a specific time
Whether you only have an hour to spare or want to spend the whole day walking dogs, Rover dog walking offers the flexibility you need. Start a nearby walk in the app within minutes, or book a walk for later on.
Rover by the numbers
200,000+ dog walkers and pet sitters from coast to coast.
Every 4 seconds an owner books a Rover walk or stay.
14,000 North American cities are home to dog owners who use Rover.
Looking for dog walker jobs in San Diego?
Why not start your own business instead? When you list your services on Rover, you get access to thousands of dog owners near you who are looking for the perfect dog walker.
Become Rover certified
Learn everything you need to succeed. Pass a few online quizzes, an in-person harness test, and a background check to receive your Rover certification.
Use the Rover app
You'll get notifications with nearby requests, home access info for each booking, and can send updates to each dog's owner (the app is required).
Enjoy easy payments
Get $12 per 30 minute walk and $18 per 60 minute walk (plus $3 if the owner has another dog). You'll get paid within 48 hours of finishing our walk!
Get 24/7 support
Rover is the nation's largest network of 5-star dog walkers, and our specialized Rover Now support team is here for you whenever you need us.
Frequently asked questions
How do I know if I’m eligible to become a Rover dog walker?
You need to be at least 18 years old, have the latest Rover app for iOS or Android with cellular data, and able to pass a background check. Beyond that, dog walkers come from a variety of backgrounds. If you work from home or you're a student, recent grad, nanny, babysitter, seasonal worker, entry-level job seeker, retiree, or contract worker, Rover could be a great fit for you. If you're a vet tech, vet assistant, kennel assistant, or in any pet care or animal care field, you could make money with Rover while building your professional skills. But of course, nothing is more important than a genuine love of dogs.
What's the process to become a Rover walker?
The Rover certification is required to become a Rover Now walker. The certification makes sure you’re prepared and to give your clients peace of mind since you won’t meet most of them in person before walking their dogs. Here's how the certification process works: Enter basic information about yourself, then pass three online lessons and an in-person harness test. You will be asked to create a Rover profile if you do not have one already. Once you're Rover certified, you'll be part of the nation's most trusted network of dog walkers.
Can I offer other services besides dog walking?
Of course! You can also offer dog boarding (caring for dogs overnight in your home), house sitting (caring for your client's dog and their home overnight), doggie day care, and drop-in visits, which are great for cats.
How much can I make as a Rover dog walker?
You can earn up to $1,000 per month by walking dogs on your own schedule. Each 30-minute walk will earn you $12 (plus $3 for each additional dog). If you decide to offer other pet care services, you can set your own rates and will keep 80% of your earnings (the remaining 20% helps cover things payment processing costs, 24/7 support, important site maintenance, and product improvements).