BECOME A DOG WALKER ON ROVER
Date Updated: Mar 2, 2022
Looking for a job as a dog walker? Why not start your own pet care business instead on contract? Walk dogs in Denver, CO with Rover, the world’s largest network of 5-star dog walkers and pet sitters, and earn money part-time or on a flexible schedule—as a private contractor, when you walk is totally up to you!
Whether you want to walk dogs on the daily or just go for the occasional weekend jaunt, you can join Rover and earn money walking dogs in your neighborhood.
Rover by the numbers
2+ million pet parents have booked pet care through Rover
500.000+ dog walkers and pet sitters have earned money caring for pets on Rover.
Rover is the #1 dog walking and pet sitting app.
Looking for dog walker jobs in Denver?
How about starting your own business with Rover instead? List your pet care services on Rover and enjoy access to tons of nearby pet parents looking for the perfect dog walker.
Get support at every step
Learn everything you need to succeed. Get tips on how to be a better dog walker in our sitter resource center and access to advice from a licensed vet during every walk.
Use the Rover app
You'll get notifications with requests from local pet parents, info about how to care for their dogs, and you can easily send updates to each dog's owner.
Enjoy quick payments
You’ll get paid 48 hours after each walk. Payments are secured, reliable, and you don’t have to rely on the pet parent remembering to leave a check on the counter!
Access 24/7 support
Rover is the nation's largest network of 5-star dog walkers, and our friendly and knowledgeable support team is here for you whenever you need us.
Frequently asked questions
Am I eligible to become a Rover walker?
You need to be at least 18 years old. Beyond that, dog walkers come from a variety of backgrounds. If you work from home or you're a student, recent grad, nanny, babysitter, seasonal worker, entry-level job seeker, retiree, or contract worker, Rover could be a great fit for you. If you're a vet tech, vet assistant, kennel assistant, or in any pet care or animal care field, you could make money with Rover while building your professional skills. But of course, nothing is more important than a genuine love of dogs.
What's the process to become a Rover walker?
First things first: Sign up and create your Rover account! Tell us all about yourself, the pet care services you want to offer, and your experience with pets. Do you have a fenced backyard? Do you love working with puppies or senior dogs? We want to hear all about it. We’ll review your profile before you can get started offering dog walks on Rover.
How much can I make as a Rover dog walker?
How much you earn depends on how often you walk dogs, the rates you set, and your star rating, among other things. Be sure to set a competitive rate initially and build relationships with your clients to keep them coming back! You’ll keep 80% of your earnings—the remaining 20% helps cover things like payment processing costs, 24/7 support, important site maintenance, and product improvements.
Can I offer other services besides dog walking?
Dog walkers on Rover can also offer boarding (watching pets overnight in your home), house sitting (taking care of your client's pets and their home overnight), doggy day care, and drop-in visits. It's up to you!