- This post contains affiliate links. Read more here.
Is your cat climbing the walls? It’s probably time for a cat tree that meets their needs for climbing, scratching, playing, or snoozing. For a quick but effective solution to your cat’s restlessness, we’ve put together this list of the best cat towers you’ll find on Amazon.
What’s great about shopping online for a cat tree is the abundance of choices. But there are so many brands and styles it can quickly get overwhelming. Because it’s more of an investment than many other cat products, you want to find the one your cat is really going to use (and one that will stand up to wear).
What to Look For in a Cat Tower
When choosing a cat tower for your home, start by considering your kitty’s preferences.
Do they prefer carpeted scratchers or corrugated cardboard? Do they like cozy hiding holes or comfy hammocks? How high do they like to climb?
Once you’ve narrowed down your kitty’s wish list, it’s time to plan your own. When choosing cat towers, these are the most important things to consider:
- Space. Cat towers have wide, sturdy bases to keep them from toppling over, and can vary greatly in size. Before buying a cat tower on Amazon, measure the area where you want the cat tree to go.
- Size. Some Amazon cat towers have beds and platforms that are ideal for kittens or small cats. If you have big cats, look for towers with spacious cat caves and beds—compare the measurements to those of your cat’s favorite cat bed.
- Materials. Cat furniture can be made out of plywood, medium-density fibreboard (MDF), cardboard, or even whole tree limbs. Scratching surfaces can be carpet, rope, or scratchy mats. When choosing cat furniture, consider your cat’s surface preferences, your own aesthetic taste, and your expectations for durability.
- Price. Cat towers aren’t cheap, but you can find suitable units at all different price points on Amazon. Have a budget in mind before you shop, and be prepared to pay a little more for premium materials, durability, and modern designs.
The Top Amazon Cat Towers
With all that in mind, here are our picks for the best cat towers available on Amazon.
Let’s start tall! This jumbo, 72-inch, cat tower is made from durable compressed wood wrapped in faux “fur” and sisal rope. It has two condos on two levels and multiple elevated platforms for your kitties to explore. Reviewers say it’s easy to assemble and sturdy enough to handle even two big cats.Find on Amazon
With a durable carpeted base, multiple jute-wrapped posts, and a comfy sleeping perch, this mid-sized cat tower is a great pick for modest homes. Reviewers love how easy it is to assemble, and it’s hard to beat that price!Find on Amazon
Tired of the carpeted-cat-tree look? This distinctive Amazon cat tower is made from sturdy woven rope with an attractive black and white pattern. It has four levels to explore and a big, comfy hidey-hole to relax in. Reviewers love the recycled materials and ease of assembly.Find on Amazon
Looking for a petite cat tower that can be stashed out of sight when company comes over? This cute X-shaped mini-tower is a perfect choice. The durable sisal scratching surface and dangly toys will entertain your cat, and the condo, with a removable cushion, gives them a safe hideaway. The small footprint makes this the ideal Amazon cat tower for small homes.Find on Amazon
Is your kitty worth a million bucks? If you have discerning taste and want a high-quality, high-design cat tower, The Refined Feline is the choice for you. With several climbing platforms and scratching pads, it offers both function and fashion. It’s pricey, but gets points for its wood construction and durability.Find on Amazon
This 61-inch tall cat tower is perfect for the cat who loves to climb. It has five levels, a soft hammock perch, and a ladder. The heavy bottom base keeps it stable and secure. And it comes in three neutral colors so you can choose the best look for your home.Find on Amazon
Some cat trees turn out to be designed for tiny cats or kittens. Not this one! This 67-inch-tall Amazon tower will delight your big, rangy cat with lots of challenging places to leap, plus spacious beds and cat caves. It’s available in three neutral shades that will fit in with just about any decor.Find on Amazon
Looking for something simple that’s super-sturdy? If you’ve been frustrated with flimsy cat towers and cheap fabrics, this one, made of solid wood and covered with top-grade carpeting, is going to restore your confidence in cat trees. The spacious perches are 17 inches wide—plenty of room for even a big cat.Find on Amazon
This one of Amazon’s “basic” towers, and it gets good reviews. The broad base has three supports—two are fabric-covered and one is a scratching post wrapped in sisal. This tree includes plenty of platforms for jumping, plus a secure cube-shaped cat cave.Find on Amazon
Looking for something a bit more modern? This 48-inch-tall, five-level Amazon cat tower has nice lines and subtle colors. Your cat gets plenty of height—without their furniture dominating the room. Reviewers report that it’s sized for smaller cats.Find on Amazon
- We’ve Found the Best Catnip Toys for Cats
- Outside the Box: Best Cat Furniture for Apartments and Small Spaces
- These Modern Cat Trees Will Entertain Your Cat and Enhance Your Decor