No! While corn is not toxic to dogs, the cob is a choking hazard and puts your dog at risk for an intestinal obstruction if your dog bites off a piece. This is a big concern for medium and small dogs. Parts of the cob can get stuck in your dog’s digestive tract causing series digestive issues. If your dog has eaten any part of the corn cob, call your vet.
Symptoms to Watch For
If your dog has eaten some or all of a corn cob, watch for these signs of intestinal obstruction:
- Difficulty passing bowel movements
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
For More Information
We’ve got tons of articles about which foods are safe or dangerous for your dog, from common snacks to fruits. You might also be interested in “Can My Dog Eat Corn?” or “Can My Dog Eat Corn Husks?” or “Can My Dog Eat Corn Kernels?”
The information provided in this article is not a substitute for professional veterinary help.