- This post contains affiliate links. Read more here.
Is your dog stuck in the 20th century? Walk them into the present with these amazing advances in pet tech designed to improve their life (and yours). From smart collars to treat-dispensing cams, we’ve got the scoop on all the best pet tech around.
Top 7 Pet Tech Gadgets
- LINK AKC Smart Dog Collar
- Furbo Treat-Tossing HD Dog Camera
- Bissell BARKBATH Portable Dog Bath and Grooming System
- GoBone Interactive App-Enabled Toy
- Whistle 3 GPS Pet Tracker & Activity Monitor
- PetSafe Electronic SmartDoor
- Feed and Go Smart Pet Feeder
Read on for more details and customer reviews of these dog-friendly gadgets and gizmos.
This handsome leather collar carries a high-tech secret: it’s like a smartphone for your dog! The LINK AKC Smart Dog Collar was designed as an all-in-one pet activity tracker. Online reviewers praise the durable collar and super-accurate GPS tracking.
- Real-time GPS tracking means you’ll always know where your dog is
- Monitors activity and makes custom recommendations for your dog
- Built-in LED light and sound feature aid in training
Helpful review: “I’m sure every user’s experience will likely be a bit different depending on cell coverage, yard/home obstacles etc…However, when [my dog] did escape one day, it was literally a lifesaver…using the GPS view in Lost Dog mode, we were able to go right to him. This tool has already paid for itself as far as I’m concerned.”
The LINK collar costs $99, and a service plan will run about $10.00/month
Best Tech Toy: Furbo Treat-Tossing Dog Camera (Verified Review)
Keep an eye on your dog with this top-rated high-tech dog gadget. The best part is the treat-tossing feature that lets you praise and reward your dog from afar.
Verified Review: The Furbo is the ultimate “didn’t know I needed it until I got it” pet tech. This treat-shooting pet spy-gear has easy set-up and a user-friendly app. You can shoot treats at your pet, talk to them through the microphone, and sneak a peek at them while you’re away via the built-in camera. I love it because (1) I now have confirmation that my dog seems pretty content when I’m not around. (2) It sends me a push notification whenever he’s barking so I can turn on the camera and see what’s up. (Spoiler alert: It’s always the mailman.) and (3) I can remind him any time, from anywhere, that I love him. That’s definitely the best part.Buy Now on Amazon
Marketed as “a bath without the splash,” this portable bathing unit is like a carpet shampooer for your dog. The noise can be an issue for some pups, but the included training guide will help you get started. Read our full review here.
- 13-foot hose lets you place the somewhat noisy vacuum unit far away from your dog
- Separate water tanks hold clean water for shampooing and dirty water for easy clean-up
- Comes with shampoo and microfiber drying mat
Most helpful review: “It’s easy to set up and ready to go within minutes…The spray gets right down to the skin and is immediately suctioned right back up into a separate tank. Clean-up is a breeze and any wet hair that’s pulled out gets caught in the screen. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with a medium-to-large dog that is comfortable with the noise level.”
Wash your pet on the go for $140
Heavy chewers beware: this is not the pet tech for you! But for dogs who love to play without tearing toys apart, the GoBone could be your new best friend. It’s a rolling, bone-shaped toy that moves on its own to keep your dog entertained throughout the day.
- “Auto mode” alternates 10 minutes of play with 20 minutes of rest
- “Interactive mode” lets you drive the GoBone from your smartphone
- Removable, replaceable exterior made of tough, FDA food-grade materials
Helpful review: “At first, I was somewhat skeptical, but after seeing [my dog] immediately go to town on this bone, I am very pleased… he’s gotten to the point where he will start nudging the GoBone as a way to tell me he’s ready to play! He loves it when the bone just takes off on its own, and gets amped up even when the wheels start wiggling side to side. Overall fun and innovative toy that I can use to supplement our play session.”
Play “smart” for $199
This chic little collar attachment lets you track your pet’s location and activity, even in water. It links up easily with your smartphone. One warning: because the Whistle uses cellular networks, some reviewers note difficulty in “dead zones.” This pet tech is best for dogs who live in areas with decent coverage.
- Sends text, app or email notifications when your pet leaves their designated safe place
- Uses advanced GPS and cellular technology to pinpoint your pet’s location anywhere in the U.S.
- Battery charge lasts up to 7 days
Helpful review: “After our skittish rescue dog got loose for three long and scary weeks, we researched dog trackers. He has had the Whistle 3 for a month now and it works great. It’s easy to set up and use, holds its charge for at least one week, and has a great interface.”
Track your dog for $75.95, plus monthly subscription plan (starting at $6.95/month)
If you have a secure yard, this is the perfect high-tech tool to let your dog in and out. Using radio-frequency technology, the SmartDoor reads the unique signal of a SmartKey worn on your dog’s collar and triggers the battery power-driven flap to unlock.
- Programmable for up to five pets (must purchase extra SmartKeys)
- Comes in small and large sizes to suit different dogs
- After your dog passes through the SmartDoor, it will lock automatically
Helpful review: “I have a 50-lb. Dingo, 75-lb. Siberian Husky, and 4-lb. Siamese cat. None have a problem operating this door. It is solidly constructed, albeit all plastic, and reliable. If you get the correct version, install it correctly, and aren’t a complete and utter moron, I am confident (after my personal experiences) that you will be more than happy with the door.”
Let the dog out starting at $89.95
The Feed and Go Smart Pet Feeder is a state-of-the-art automatic food dispenser that easily handles kibble and canned food. And it comes with a ton of bonus “smart” features, including a webcam, “call your dog” voice recorder and app for easy scheduling.
- Six separate compartments to dispense meals, snacks, and/or medications
- Food tray is dishwasher safe
- Sends you a text when your pets are fed so you can rest easy (and/or tune into the video live feed and watch your dog chow down)
Helpful review: “Hands down, the best automatic feeder out there! I purchased this and two other brands, and I’m returning the others and purchasing two more of these. LOVE.”