Dog owners know the importance of having treats on hand. Especially if you’re training a puppy, a treat pouch can be a lifesaver! You want something that’s easy to access and keeps treats fresh. No one treat pouch is the ideal choice for every dog owner, but there are good options to suit many people (and their pets).
Choosing the right treat pouch is a matter of personal preference. What color or fabric do you prefer? Do you want one that clips to your belt, or one you wear around your waist?
We’ve pored over dog owner reviews to find five of the best dog treat pouches available. These dog treat holders have proven to be durable, convenient, and easy to clean. And there’s an affordable dog treat pouch for any budget!
What makes a good treat pouch?
In looking for the best dog treat holders available, we considered the following criteria:
- Durability. It has to last!
- Capacity. How many treats does it hold?
- Security. Will it hold treats and belongings securely in place?
- Ease of use. Is it hands-free or otherwise easy to carry? Does it open and close easily for quick treat access?
- Extra features. Does it offer anything in addition to holding treats?
Taking these guidelines into consideration, we set about digging into dog owner reviews of treat pouches. These are the best dog treat pouches, bags, and holders.
This is a bestseller for a reason: it doubles as both a treat pouch and poop bag carrier! This multi-purpose, lightweight training bag lets you take your dog for a walk without worrying about leaving anything behind. And online reviewers praise the extra zippered compartment to carry your phone and ID.
- Reviewers LOVE that it can be worn three different ways: attached securely around your waist, clipped to your belt, or carried over your shoulder.
- Constructed of lightweight, rugged nylon that protects treats and belongings from weather
- Large capacity easily stores treats and a toy for the park
- Built-in poop bag holder makes it easy to clean up on training walks
- According to some reviewers, the cell phone pocket doesn’t hold larger phones securely
- If you only want a treat pouch, the Paw Lifestyles Treat Pouch may have too many extra features
- Some reviews mention that the drawstring closure can be tricky to work one-handed and may fray over time
Most helpful review: “Super convenient, covers all the bases for everything you need, well made, and great quality. I take my pup to the park or hiking almost every day. This makes it so much easier to be prepared. A must have!”
This slim treat pouch has a unique hinge opening for quick, easy access to treats. Leave it open during a training session, and quickly snap it closed for the walk home. And the inner compartment is divided, meaning you can keep multiple types of treats on hand!
Reviewers call it an ideal training accessory for obedience class, field work, or dog sports. And fashion-conscious dog people love it because it lays flat on your waist for a flattering profile (and comes in three different colors: red, blue, and black).
- Hinge stays open for easy access to treats
- Can be worn around your waist or clipped to waistband
- Has additional front pocket to hold your phone and ID
- Water resistant lining is easy to clean and good for soft and/or stinky treats
- Some reviewers note that the hinge may wear out over time if frequently used
- When left in open position, treats may fall out if you bend over
Most helpful review: “I volunteer as a dog handler at a no-kill animal shelter so I’m exposing the bag to dogs who jump, bite at clothes (and bags!) and are pretty rowdy. It has handled everything I’ve thrown at it. The hinge works GREAT. Both the belt and the clip have held up perfectly.”
A favorite among dog trainers, the Doggone Good treat bag is all business. It’s a compact, water-resistant pouch with a magnetic closure that makes treat retrieval a breeze. Reviewers love it because it’s hands-free and has space for poop bags alongside treats.
- Comes in three bold colors (plus basic black)
- Reviewers note its generous size for carrying treats and more
- Clips to belt or fastens around waist
- Magnetic clasp is fast and easy to open and close
- A bit bulky, possibly too large for some dog owners
- A few reviewers say the bag doesn’t close very tightly, so some treats may fall out
Most helpful review: “I’m a trainer and have probably tried a dozen training bags. This is the best for me. Here’s why. It is perfect size, not bulky and with no sloppy overhang beyond its fastener (whether belt hook or loop). It fits tight to the body, no bouncing. Arms can swing freely without rubbing it…Rugged design has taken tons of abuse and no sign of wear. Great product.”
If you don’t want to deal with straps, buckles, or clips, then the Buddy Pouch magnetic treat pouch is for you. It attaches to any waistband with strong, therapeutic magnets. Reviewers praise it for its small size and slim profile. It fits tightly against the body and can even be worn under t-shirts without bulk.
- Multi-tasks as a waist pouch for runners to carry their keys, phone, and cash
- Small size and secure fit is ideal for treating during agility and other active dog activities
- Water-resistant inner pocket keeps treats dry and fresh even in heavy rain
- Meant for waistbands; not convenient to wear with dresses or under long coats.
- Some reviewers commented that the Buddy Pouch was a little too small
Most helpful review: “Treats, waste bags, my phone and hand wipes all fit perfectly. I can finally streamline and ditch the standard treat pouch that never stayed secure while running/hiking.”
Furry Fido’s dog training pouch is made of strong, waterproof nylon to keep your dog treats and personal belongings dry on rainy walks. You can wear it strapped around your waist or hung over your shoulder for hands-free walking. With three zipper pockets, a mesh pouch, and a poop bag dispenser, there’s a place for everything. And reviewers love its large size for holding plenty of kibble, treats, and toys on walks.
- Built-in poop bag dispenser and attached D-rings for tying bags make it easy to clean up on walks
- Comes with a clip-on clicker to use in training
- Generously-sized waist and shoulder straps for dog walkers of all body shape and sizes
- Comes in fun, bright colors for visibility on the sidewalk
- Some reviewers note that they would prefer a clip to attach bag to their waistband
- If you don’t clicker train, the included clicker is unnecessary
- A bit bulkier than other treat pouches
Most helpful review: “What I love about this bag is that it’s deep enough so treats don’t fall out, easy to get into quickly, and most of all it stays ON. I’m constantly dropping standard treat pouches that are smaller and have the weak plastic clips because they just pop right off my belt, but this one doesn’t have that problem at all!”
If you’re looking for reliable, high-quality dog treat bags, these five options have great customer reviews. Of course, the best dog treat holder for you and your dog is whichever one you like best. Whatever you choose, your dog will be happy to have treats so close at hand!