- This post contains affiliate links. Read more here.
As most dog owners know, having treats close by and ready to dispense is very handy, especially if you’re training a feisty puppy or walking a hound who has a nose with a mind of its own! A portable treat pouch to keep pet treats fresh and ready to dole out as a reward for good behavior is very convenient. Luckily, there are a variety of treat pouches out there to help you positively reinforce good behavior in your dog.
Selecting the right treat pouch is all about your needs as a pet owner. Maybe you could use a treat pouch to clip to your pants or buckle around your waist for quick-draw treat extraction, or perhaps a crossbody bag with multiple compartments is more your speed.
Whatever features you prefer, you will find your perfect match (on any budget) in this list of thirteen durable, convenient, and highly-rated treat pouches. Let’s dig in!
This heather gray treat pouch from Ruffwear is ergonomically designed to mold to your hip for “all-day comfort,” and made from water-resistant fabric that will keep your pet’s treats fresh and dry—even on rainy days.
It also boasts a unique magnet clasp, a small carabiner to add a training clicker, and a small external pocket for storing everything from poop bags to a spare house key.
- The pouch is large enough to carry treats as well as dog toys
- Reviewers say you can hardly feel it when it’s clasped on, and molds to your body comfortably
- Can be worn on a belt or over the shoulder
The Chuckit Treat Tote is perfect if all you need is a no-frills treat pouch. This treat pouch holds 1 cup of treats and has a drawstring closure that makes it easy to toss a good boy a treat while also keeping out inquiring noses.
Plus, it’s made from durable pack-cloth fabric and lined to prevent wear and tear and keep out moisture.
Other features we like:
- Simple lightweight design great for those who want to just carry treats and nothing else
- Drawstring closure ensures freshness of treats
- Small and discreet design keeps dogs from getting distracted during training sessions
The PetSafe Sport is another great option if you’re looking for a simple, low-profile treat pouch.
Some notable features include:
- A special hinge that stays open for easy access to treats when you need them
- Options to wear around your waist or clipped to your waistband
- A front pocket to hold your phone and ID
- An easy to clean, water-resistant lining
This treat bag from Kurgo can be customized with its modular velcro design that allows you to attach additional ID clips, straps, or carabiners to the outside, and inside store up to 12 oz. of dry treats (or a 12 oz can for you).
Plus, the pack closes tautly with a drawstring and attaches to the belt with either a carabiner or the built-in snap straps for hands-free treating.
We also like:
- Built-in zipper pocket to hold keys and other essentials
- Compatible with Kurgo’s RSG Harnesses and Active Utility Belt
- Carabiner included
This hard-working treat pouch is also a poop bag carrier and small essentials bag that can be worn three different ways: around your waist, clipped to your belt, or carried over the shoulder like a purse.
We also like:
- Constructed of lightweight, rugged nylon that protects treats and belongings from weather
- Large capacity easily stores treats, poop bags, even a ball for the park
- External zipper compartment is perfect for carrying your phone and ID
Reviews indicate this treat bag is a favorite among professional dog trainers because of its large-capacity pouch with a magnetic strap that works quickly and well.
The pouch is also water-resistant and comes in four attractive colors.
Reviewers love it because it’s hands-free and, even when the other small zipper pockets are full of other items, it’s not big or bulky to carry.
Other notable features:
- Comes in blue, purple, and red (plus basic black)
- Clips to belt or fastens around waist
- Magnetic clasp is quick and easy to use
Not only does this utilitarian, multipurpose unit have a pocket especially for treats, it also has separate pockets for poop bags and your phone.
It also ingeniously incorporates a vinyl-lined, zippered compartment to hold used waste bags, and includes a charcoal sachet to absorb odors. This bag really does have it all.
We also like:
- Multiple options to wear (crossbody or on a belt)
- Key fob to safely secure your keys
- Reasonably priced; 100% cotton (contains no synthetic materials); and is a woman-owned company!
If cleaning the nooks and crannies of a small fabric treat pouch seems nightmarish, this silicone treat pouch is for you.
This BPA-free, dishwasher safe pouch is beyond easy to clean. It also has an easy-access magnet closure, clips easily to your waistband, and comes in several fun, bright colors.
Other favorable aspects to consider:
- Being dishwasher-safe, it’s good for extra-stinky treats
- Inexpensive compared to other options on the market
- Silicone is lightweight to carry
Not only is the bag heroically large and versatile, but a roll of poop bags and a collapsable water bowl are included.
The pouch can be worn cross-body, clipped to the belt or around the waist, and inside includes dual compartments to keep treats separate from other essentials.
We also like:
- Deep pouch offers a lot of storage
- Can carry a full-sized water bottle
This pouch is designed for pet owners who’d like to avoid clips and straps. This slim, discreet pouch attaches by a magnet to pant waistbands, tote bags, etc.
Other things we like:
- Doubles as a pouch for runners to carry their keys, phone, and cash while on the go
- Small size and secure magnet clasps make it ideal for high-energy dog activities
- Water-resistant inner pocket keeps treats fresh and dry in heavy rains
For those looking to avoid a super utilitarian look, PetAmi offers one of the more stylish purse-like pouches, available in beautiful vibrant colors. But it’s more than style. PetAmi’s treat pouch is marketed as a “training tote” because it has the capacity to carry treats, toys, clickers, poop bags, and whatever else you may need.
Plus, the removable strap allows you to carry this cute pouch in three ways: cross-body, around the waist, or attached with the metal clip to your belt.
Other features of note:
- Attractive and versatile to wear; can be hands-free
- External poop bag dispenser on back of tote
- Front zipper pouch for phone and ID
This double duty bag offers a little something different in the realm of doggie treat pouches.
In a unique half-moon shape, this bag is dual purpose with a pocket for treats and toys, as well as another scent-lined pocket for poop bag disposal.
You might also like:
- Bright, reflective fabric good for night walks
- Bag attaches easily to leashes; great for hands-free walking
- “Doodie” pocket is lined with two fresh-scented sheets for discreet, no-mess stowing until you find a trash can
Unlike many fabric treat pouches, Ezydog designed theirs with cleaning in mind; the inside lining can be pulled out for a scrub down.
What’s more, it has highly reflective trim, making it ideal for night outings with your pup.
Other notable qualities:
- Front zip pocket hold keys and other essentials
- Comes in four vibrant colors
- Convenient magnetic top closure
This adorable little bone-shaped leash attachment is perfect for short jaunts around the neighborhood.
This easy-to-use treat storage container snaps onto your leash, putting the treats you need for a successful dog walk right on hand.
The TreatPod is made from easy-to-clean lightweight material too, and is waterproof and airtight to seal in freshness.
- Ideal size for quick walks around the block
- Clips to leash, belt, or any other strap
- Offered in blue and pink
If you’re looking for durable, versatile, high-quality dog treat pouches, each of these fourteen, well-reviewed options has the potential to meet a different need.
In the end, it just depends on what you, the dog owner, is looking for, and how many treats you’re looking to carry!
Whichever one suits your fancy, your dog is sure to rejoice at the fact his favorite treats are so close at hand!