Safety is our top priority—always. If you see a profile badge on a sitter or dog walker's profile, that means they completed a background check. Through Checkr, a third-party service, sitters and dog walkers can take two different kinds of background checks.
Background checks include:
If you see this badge on a sitter or dog walker's profile, that means they've completed a Basic check confirming:
- Their social security number, name, and address match.
- They aren't on any sex offender registry.
- They aren't on any terrorist watchlist.
- They aren't listed in the National Criminal Database* for any disqualifying criminal offenses.
If you see this badge on a sitter or dog walker's profile, that means they completed an Enhanced check, which is considered the most comprehensive criminal check on the market and includes:
- Everything included in the basic check.
- A manual search of county court records based on the person's address history over the last seven years.
* Note that not all counties report to the National Criminal Database, and not all counties report all offenses.