Looking for dog grooming jobs in Austin? Join Rover
We're seeking passionate dog groomers in Austin and the surrounding metro area who want to build an independent business on Rover. Get the support you need while earning 80% commission plus 100% of your tips grooming dogs in your client's homes.
Please note that pet grooming is only available in the Seattle, Denver, Washington DC, and Austin metro areas at this time.
Austin groomers: want to earn more money grooming fewer dogs on your terms?
We’re looking for passionate pet groomers in the greater Austin metro area to join the Rover platform. Set your own schedule, earn more while grooming fewer dogs and build your business on your terms while Rover matches you with local pets who need grooming. Whether you’re looking to work in Downtown Austin, South Congress, Pflugerville, or you’re new to the area and not quite sure yet, we’d love to hear from you.
What you get:
- Earn 80% commission (vs. 50% commission from most dog grooming jobs in Austin salons), 100% of your tips, and a $250 bonus (paid out after your first five bookings).
- You make your own schedule. Book appointments in your free time or groom with Rover full time.
- We'll handle the marketing and scheduling, so you can focus on what you love: working with dogs and providing high-quality grooming services.
- 24/7 Trust & Safety coverage and support. We've got your back.
What a good fit looks like:
You’re a good fit if you love working with animals and have professional experience grooming pets, dogs, cats, or both, at local salons, big box stores, mobile grooming vans, and/or veterinarian offices. Whether you’re a lifelong resident, or you just moved to Austin, Rover is a great way to connect with local pet owners looking for an alternative to traditional grooming.
Groomers on Rover come from a variety of professional grooming backgrounds and previous dog grooming jobs, but share a common love for providing animals with the care they need to be their healthiest and happiest. Our groomers service a variety of areas throughout Austin, including but not limited to: Buda, San Marcos, South Congress, Downtown, Pflugerville, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Georgetown, The Hills, Elgin and Bastrop.
What happens next:
After signing up, a member of the Rover team will reach out to take you through the approval process. Once you are approved to groom local pets on Rover, your earnings will be available through your Rover account.
Sick of looking for dog grooming jobs that don’t match what you’re looking for? Sign up to build the business you’ve dreamed of with Rover.
- At least 18 years of age
- A vehicle or reliable source of transportation in the areas of Austin you want to serve
- Verifiable phone number (mobile)
- Ability to pass an enhanced background check
- Completion of a grooming safety quiz
- 1+ year(s) of professional experience grooming or bathing pets
- Reliable internet access at home or via mobile device
- Customer focus and a willingness to provide a superior customer experience
- At least two (2) testimonials or references
This posting is for independent contractors in the Austin metro area partnering with Rover.com.
How it works
Ready to build your grooming business on your own terms? Most of our Austin groomers on Rover book their first client within their first week.
Tell us who you are and how long you’ve been a groomer, in Austin or other areas. Our team will then contact you to collect more information and start the approvals process.
Set your preferences
Once approved, you can set specific preferences, like the dog sizes and breeds you’re comfortable grooming, and when and where you’re available to groom. Groomers on Rover service from San Marcos, to The Hills, to Georgetown, and even out to Bastrop.
Open for business
Most groomers are matched with Rover clients within a few days of being approved. You’ll earn 80% commission and keep 100% of your tips, all paid through our secure platform.
Get ongoing support
We’re here for you every step of the way with 24/7 support, access to educational materials, and a whole team dedicated to your success in building your Austin grooming business.
Date Updated: 2019-09-12