Keep all messages and payments on Rover to protect you, your information, and your pets.
Why should I pay through Rover?
Your pets are protected by the Rover Guarantee every time you book on Rover
- 24/7 support
- up to $25,000 in vet car reimbursements for eligible claims.
Protecting your personal information is something we take seriously.
- Your bank account details are secured and your data is encrypted.
- Pet parents are charged before the booking begins and sitters are paid 48 hours after it ends. This keeps payments fair and timely for both parties.
Why should I keep messages on Rover?
Your Rover inbox acts as both a record of the services you’ve agreed to and of any inappropriate conduct, like:
- Asking for services unrelated to pet care, like being a personal assistant.
- Asking for a selfie or commenting on your physical attributes.
- Continually or aggressively asking for personal info like your phone number or address.
What should I do if someone asks me to book or pay outside of Rover?
Say no and let us know
- Let them know you’re no comfortable with what they’re asking.
- Report them to Rover and, if necessary, block them from contacting you again. Learn how to report and block
Not booking and paying through Rover leaves you unprotected, and no longer eligible for crucial benefits like the Rover Guarantee, 24/7 support, and reservation protection.