- Rover Europe GmbH (“Rover”) is the sponsor of “The 2018 Rover Holiday Giveaway’’ (the “Campaign”).
- Entry into the Campaign is free and no purchase (or other form of indirect payment) is required to enter. The Campaign is open to all legal residents of the United Kingdom who are registered Rover account holders in good standing. Entrants must be 18 years or older as of 00:01am (GMT) 12th December, 2018.
- The Campaign is not open to employees of Rover or their immediate families and household members, or Rover’s affiliates, participating vendors, distributors, or advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Campaign Entities”).
- The Campaign is governed by the law of England & Wales and subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Rover shall have no liability or responsibility to any entrant who, by entering, has failed to comply with the legal requirements in regard to contests or competitions.
- By entering the Campaign, entrants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Rules.
2) HOW TO ENTER
- The Campaign will be open from 00:01am (GMT) 12th December 2018 through 11:59pm (GMT) 2nd January 2019 inclusive (the “Campaign Period”).
- To earn an entry (“Entry”) to the Campaign, participants must complete a booking on the Rover platform (either as a pet owner or as a pet care service provider), at least one day of which falls during the Campaign Period. To earn an Entry to the Campaign without completing a booking, participants must send a postcard with their name, address, and email address to Rover Europe GmbH ℅ WeWork, Attn: Marketing Dept ( Rover 2018 Holiday Giveaway), Eichhornstrasse 3, 10785 Berlin, Germany ; postcard entries must be received before the end of the Campaign Period. No other form of Entry (eg. phone, email, etc) will be accepted.
- Upon submission, each Entry will automatically become the property of Rover. Any data we receive will be held in accordance with Rover’s Privacy Statement. By submitting an Entry to the Campaign, you grant Rover permission to communicate with you via email for the sole purpose of the Campaign only.
- Rover is not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, or late Entries, technical, hardware, or software failures, whether human, mechanical, typographical, electronic or otherwise, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems which may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Campaign.
- In the event of sabotage, force majeure, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Campaign, Rover reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Campaign.
- In the event of cancellation, Rover reserves the right to award the prize to any eligible, non-suspect Entrant prior to the event requiring such cancellation.
- Use of inaccurate or false information in Entries to the competition is strictly prohibited. If inaccurate or false information is provided, Rover reserves the right to disqualify your Entry.
- You may submit an Entry from anywhere in the UK. Entries made from elsewhere in the world will be void.
- Limit one Entry per person, regardless of method of Entry. Any indication of multiple Entries from a single person will result in all Entries made from the offending person being rejected.
3) HOW TO WIN
- One eligible (1) winner will be chosen at random from all eligible and completed Entries received. The winner will be chosen electronically using a data randomization tool and without human interference.
- Rover’s allocation of the prizes will be final and binding. The Campaign winner will be chosen by 11:59pm (GMT) on 10th January 2019 and immediately informed by email using the email address associated with the winner’s Rover account (for Entries made via a Rover booking) or the email address provided on the Entry (for Entries made via post). Winners must reply to the email and accept their prize within three (3) business days of notification.
- Please note: odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
4) THE PRIZE
The following prize will be awarded:
- One £250 Amazon gift card
- Approximate Retail Value of all Prizes: £250
- No substitution or transfer of the prize or cash redemptions is permitted by the winner. Rover reserves the right to substitute any prize(s) of like value for any reason whatsoever.
- The winner is responsible for the reporting and payment of all taxes (if applicable).
- The Prize is provided to the applicable winner “as is” and “with all faults.” Rover does not provide any guarantee concerning the winner’s satisfaction with their Prize.
- Rover hereby disclaims all warranties of any kind with respect to the Prize, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use or purpose and non-infringement. To the extent such disclaimer conflicts with applicable law, the scope and duration of any applicable warranty will be the minimum permitted under such law.
5) ALTERNATIVE WINNERS; DISCLAIMER
- If: (i) any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) a potential Winner declines his or her prize or (iii) a potential Winner fails to comply with any of the Rules as outlined herein or in the winner notification email, such potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be determined at Rover’s sole discretion.
- The Campaign Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility and entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Campaign Entities and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents, from and against any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, damage or loss whatsoever relating to or arising in connection with participation in this Campaign (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any of the prize awarded.
- In the event more winner notifications are issued, or more winning prize claims are received, than the number of prizes set forth in these Rules due to computer, printing, seeding, human, or other error or problem, a random drawing will take place from among all eligible prize claims for the prize(s) at issue to award the proper number of prizes as set forth in these Rules.
- No more than the stated number of prizes per these Rules will be awarded.
6) PUBLICITY AND OTHER TERMS
- By claiming the prize, the winner hereby authorizes the use, without additional compensation, of his or her name, likeness, voice, and/or photograph, for Rover or its affiliates’ own promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including without limitation, radio broadcasts, newspapers and other publications, distribution over the internet and otherwise as determined by Rover in its discretion ).
- The winner may be required to sign, without limitation, an affidavit of eligibility, a name/likeness release as well as a liability release, and a tax acknowledgment form. Such documents would need to be returned to Rover within five (5) days of the issuance of the notification from Rover if requested in such notification. If Rover does not receive a response within that time period, then the entrant may be disqualified.
7) PRIZE DRAW RULES
- To receive a list of winners or a copy of these Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the following address: Rover Europe GmbH ℅ WeWork, Attn: Marketing Dept, Eichhornstrasse 3, 10785 Berlin, Germany (Please specify “2018 Rover Holiday Campaign Rules”).