2014 CANINE COWORKERS DAY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with, Instagram or Twitter. INSTRAGRAM AND TWITTER ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH SPONSORS IN ANY WAY.
- 1. ELIGIBILITY. The 2014 Canine Coworkers Day Contest (“Contest”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older. Officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents of A Place for Rover, Inc. and Lyft, Inc. (“Sponsors”) and each of their respective immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) and household members of are not eligible to enter or win. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and void where prohibited by such laws. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and the Sponsors’ decisions are final and binding in all respects. Sponsors reserve the right to verify eligibility qualifications of the winners.
- 2. ENTRY PERIOD. The Contest begins and ends at the times and on the dates set forth below (the “Entry Period,” starting with the “Beginning Time” and ending with the “End Time”):
3:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time on
June 20, 2014
11:59 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time on
June 20, 2014
- 4. CONTENT RESTRICTIONS. In addition to the requirements set forth above, each Entry must comply with the following restrictions (“Content Restrictions”) to be valid:
- Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Entry (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Entry and to grant the rights set forth herein;
- No individual appearing in the Entry may be under the age of eighteen (18);
- The Entry must be suitable for audiences of all ages and be consistent with Sponsors’ reputation in the marketplace, including each Sponsor’s reputation for quality and integrity;
- The Entry must not contain images created by someone other than entrant;
- The Entry must not have been submitted previously in a contest of any kind;
- The Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another person’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Entry must not contain any commercial, advertising content or any brand names, logos, service marks or trademarks of any party other than the Sponsors;
- The Entry must not contain material that is hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous toward any person living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights;
- The Entry must not contain material that is obscene, sexually explicit or pornographic or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or that is designed to annoy or harass;
- The Entry must not depict, represent or make any references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms;
- The Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the state where the Entry is created.
Failure of any Entry to comply with the above Content Restrictions, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, may result in the deletion of the Entry and disqualification from the Contest. If requested, entrant must be able to provide permissions of individuals included in photographs in a form acceptable to Sponsors. No Entry will be acknowledged or returned. Each Entry shall be the sole property of the Sponsors. Submitting an Entry constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsors a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Entry in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may feature any Entry and the content of an Entry that is submitted in this Contest at any time during, or after, the Entry Period on any website, in any promotional materials, whether related or unrelated to the Contest, and at any other location, whether physical or online, that Sponsors, in their sole discretion, deems appropriate for the operation and promotion of this Contest.
- 5. WINNERS DETERMINATION & NOTIFICATION. After expiration of the Entry Period, Sponsors will select at their editorial discretion five (5) potential winners based on the following criteria: creativity, uniqueness, alignment with Canine Coworkers Day and positive brand representation. Potential winners will be notified through their Twitter or Instagram account via a comment from the Sponsors (@roverdotcom or @lyft). If potential winner does not respond to the notification within 48 hours of comment posting by Sponsors, potential winner will become ineligible and an alternate potential winner will be chosen. Except where prohibited by law, the potential winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and/or Publicity Release, which must be received by Sponsors within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his or her prize. If a potential winner is unable to be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and/or Publicity Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period (as applicable), or does not comply with these Official Rules, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, such person’s prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsors’ sole discretion. Acceptance of a prize will constitute a person’s agreement and consent that Sponsors and their designees may use the winner’s name, likeness, Entry and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising, or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without any additional payment, notice, permission, or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, each winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey, and assign to Sponsors the entirety of the rights in and to the Entry and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the entire right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Entry for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsors shall not be obligated to use winner’s Entry and that Sponsors, in their sole discretion, shall have the right to refrain from using the Entry. Sponsors shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsors elect to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder.
- 6. PRIZES; APR. Five (5) prizes will be awarded. Each prize will consist of a One Hundred Dollar ($100.00) Rover account credit and a One Hundred Dollar ($100.00) Lyft account credit. Approximate retail value of each prize: $200.00. Approximate retail value of all prizes: $1,000.00. Prizes will be fulfilled two (2) weeks of the end of the Entry Period. Prizes are not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash. Prizes may not be sold, bartered, or exchanged. All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities, if any, are the responsibility of winners.
- 7. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. If terminated Sponsors may, in their sole discretion, determine the winners from among all remaining eligible Entries received up. Sponsors, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should any such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term.
- 8. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES BY ENTRANT. By submitting an Entry the entrant warrants that (i) the Entry complies with these Official Rules, including without limitation the Instagram terms and Twitter terms referenced in paragraph 3, above, and the Content Restrictions; (ii) the Entry complies with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations; and (iii) Sponsors will not be required to make any payments to any third party in connection with Sponsors’ use of any Entry.
- 9. WAIVER, DISCLAIMERS, LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES. Sponsors, Twitter, Instagram and any and all Internet server(s) and access provider(s), application hosts and facilitators and cellular provider(s), and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions or defects of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in the Contest; inability to connect to or otherwise access Twitter or Instagram; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines, mobile networks, or the Internet or any application or for any other reason whatsoever; typographical, printing, or other errors; or any combination thereof. A false, fraudulent, or deceptive Entry or act shall render entrant ineligible.
Entrants waive and release any claims they may have against Releasees for any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees, DEFAMATION, LIBEL, VIOLATION OF RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY AND VIOLATION OF RIGHTS OF PRIVACY) resulting from acceptance, use, or misuse of a prize or any element thereof or from participation in this Contest.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS (U.S. $10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS (U.S. $10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- 10. FORCE MAJEURE. Releasees shall not be liable to a winner or any other person for failure to supply a prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Releasees’ sole control.
- 11. SPONSORS; WINNERS LIST. The Sponsors of this Contest are A Place for Rover, Inc., 318 1st Ave S., Suite 310; Seattle, WA 98104 and Lyft, Inc., 548 Market St #68514, San Francisco, CA 94104. For a winners list, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: A Place for Rover, Inc., Attn: 2014 Canine Coworkers Day Contest, 318 1st Ave S., Suite 310; Seattle, WA 98104 within thirty (30) days of expiration of the Entry Period.
- 12. CHOICE OF LAW; DISPUTE RESOLUTION. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The laws of the State of Washington govern this Promotion without reference to choice of law principles. Any dispute regarding the Contest is exclusively subject to binding arbitration (with one (1) arbitrator sitting) in Seattle, Washington pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Each entrant hereby irrevocably waives any and all right to a trial by jury in any legal proceeding arising out of or relating to the Contest. Each entrant further waives any objection to venue in Seattle, Washington, whether such objection is based on lack of personal jurisdiction, improper venue, forum non conveniens, or the like.