Additional insurance questions?

asked 2016-04-26 07:32:26 -0600

I get concerned about my house, does anyone know of any insurance programs that would cover damages to your home cause by a dog you are boarding??

edit edit tags flag offensive close merge delete

2 Answers

Sort by ยป oldest newest most voted
answered 2016-04-26 09:24:15 -0600

Property damage would be covered by homeowners or renters insurance. However--and this is a big however--the insurance company might choose to not pay and/or drop you because you are running a business out of your home. Which leaves getting business insurance. Remember, there will always be a deductible with whatever form of insurance you purchase and you have to figure out whether the damage a dog might do to your home is greater than your annual premium plus the deductible.

edit flag offensive delete link more
answered 2016-04-26 08:06:52 -0600

Before you pay for additional insurance, make sure you are fully educated about what Rover already provides. Here is a link: https://www.rover.com/blog/sitter-res...

If you are still concerned, there are companies out there - here is a link to a list: http://www.consumersadvocate.org/pet-...

Good luck!

edit flag offensive delete link more


Thank you for sending those links. I should have been more specific, I am inquiring about insurance that would cover damage to my home, like if a dog were to damage my floor. I take all the obvious precautions (crating new dogs, puppy proofing, etc...), I am just looking for a little peace of mind.

LuAnn D.'s profile image LuAnn D.  ( 2016-04-26 08:11:30 -0600 ) edit

Your Answer

Please start posting anonymously - your entry will be published after you log in or create a new account. This space is reserved only for answers. If you would like to engage in a discussion, please instead post a comment under the question or an answer that you would like to discuss

Add Answer