The Wisconsin Humane Society is a partner in Rover's Sit a Dog, Save a Life™ Donation Program!
To participate in Rover's Sit a Dog, Save a Life™ Donation Program, select Sign Up in the upper right hand corner, and be sure to display the WHS badge denoting your volunteer experience and/or commitment to donate a portion of your profits to WHS. Please note: In order for WHS to receive charitable donations from Rover Dog Sitters, payments for dog sitter services must be booked and transacted on the Rover.com website.
The Wisconsin Humane Society is a private nonprofit organization whose mission is to build a community where people value animals and treat them with respect and kindness. WHS has been saving the lives of animals in need for more than 130 years. We receive no government funding and we are not part of any national umbrella organization. As the largest and most recognized shelter in the state of Wisconsin, WHS offers the following specialized services:
--a comprehensive adoption program that matches homeless animals with new families; there are no time or space limits for any animals in our adoption program. We receive nearly all the county’s surrendered animals, as well as animals from local and state animal control facilities, and overcrowded shelters elsewhere in the Midwest.
- Lifesaving medical care for nearly 20,000 animals annually, including more than 5,000 wild animals
- A spay/neuter clinic for animals from low-income households
- Educational programs for children and adults designed to teach respect and care for animals and to end neglect and abuse and provide information about the link between violence against animals and human violence
- Companion animal and wildlife tip lines in addition to individual recommendations to assist the community at large
- Manners classes for dogs and puppies
- One of the largest wildlife rehabilitation hospitals of its kind in the nation, rescuing thousands of animals annually
WHS operates two shelters: the Milwaukee Campus in Milwaukee, and the Ozaukee Campus in Saukville, which opened in March 2011. We are funded through the generosity of community-minded companies and caring individuals like you!
Wisconsin Humane Society Related Badges
Wisconsin Humane Society
This member has volunteered and/or donated to the Wisconsin Humane Society
Wisconsin Humane Society Donor