They look so sweet, fluffy and happy all the time. It’s easy to see why they’re one of the most popular dogs breeds. As cute as you may think they are, the Labrador Retriever hides some shocking truths.
The following 19 Labrador Retriever dogs have definitely blown their breed cover. Once you see these, you won’t be convinced they’re the innocent, goofy, slobbery, loveable pups we think they are.
Today, we reveal the Labrador Retriever’s true colours. You have been warned.
19 reasons why a Labrador Retriever shouldn’t be trusted
1. Whenever your back’s turned, you can bet your Lab has sneakily taken control of the TV.
2. Or is discreetly trying to get rid of the cat.
3. Labrador Retrievers are masters at hiding their evil plans.
4. Some days, all you can see is their demon side.
5. You really can’t trust a Lab around anything.
6. And they’ll never tell you that their ears allow them to communicate with aliens.
7. Chances are, your Lab’s being rude to you when you’re not looking #sorrynotsorry
8. No matter how nicely you ask, you can’t trust them to help you with housekeeping.
9. Or to be mindful of your belongings.
10. They might help you redecorate the house though!
11. You should definitely be wary of a Lab’s potential to run off when you need them the most.
12. They make vicious guards dogs…
13. And they’re totally into making you feel worse when you’re on a diet.
14. Contrary to popular belief, a Labrador Retriever isn’t always the most reliable fetch partner.
15. They’re also known for throwing wild parties when their owners are away. Ever wondered why they sleep so much when you’re home?
16. A true Labrador Retriever won’t hold back on farting on the couch. Ever.
17. It’s a well known fact that they’re fiercely aggressive.
18. And that they have no remorse stealing food (even if it means starving their family to death!)
19. Oh, who are we kidding? Sure, they can be a bit cheeky, but Labrador Retrievers save lives!
Are you a Labrador Retriever lover? Or are you team Golden? Let us know in the comments! Either way, it’s a fact that these dogs love everyone and adore being around people so if you’re in a jam and don’t want yours to be alone, Rover.com has lots of lovely sitters who offer dog boarding across the country—so they can make new friends! If you can’t get enough of dogs being funny, check out these hilarious pups – they will definitely brighten up your day!