Picture a Cocker Spaniel. You’re probably visualising a beautiful dog with a luxurious coat, adorable long ears and a colouring that’s bound to turn even the most beautiful shampoo models a deep shade of green.
Cockers are a close cousin of Springer Spaniels – sometimes they can look very alike! But Cockers have the upper hand when it comes to dog shows and general popularity; they often come close to topping Kennel Club rankings of all dog breeds.
But we’re here to tell you why these dogs, who are sometimes called ‘the cutest, fluffiest ickle doggies on the planet’, are simply not to be trusted as pets. Here’s why.
1. They’ll viciously attack you while you’re minding your own business.
2. Conversely they are also infamous scaredy cats
3. See. What a baby.
4. Highly strung little doggies, they have absolutely NO chill.
5. Are you the jealous type? You’re better off with an ugly dog. These pooches are naturally fabulous; hours spent in the hairdresser’s chair and their ‘do’s are still better than ours.
6. #Duckface much? They are sooo vain.
7. Treacherous little devils, they sleep with the enemy. Literally.
8. And we even caught this one red-pawed giving this cat a massage.
9. They might look cute, but they are masters of throwing shade with their criticial side-eye.
10. Those eyebrows tell you everything you need to know. There’s something shifty about this untrustworthy Cocker…
11. Don’t trust Cocker Spaniels to help you with your green fingered goals; they’re rubbish gardeners.
12. Beware! Do not look them in the (puppy dog) eyes. That’s how they catch their helpless victims – hypnosis!
13. Looking for a dance partner? No rhythm to be found in the Cocker Spaniel dog breed.
14. Here’s more proof that they’re totes cray-cray.
15. They’re so freakish that they scare themselves in the mirror.
16. Heading out for a party with your Cocker? They’ll steal your style and do it better than you, the annoying little doggos.
17. Their pool parties can get a little out of hand
18. Do not trust this master of disguise, no matter what he says he is not Harry Potter IRL.
19. They have a habit of blending in. Careful, this camouflage Cocker is lying in wait for its prey.
Have our warnings fallen on deaf ears? Are you still somehow convinced that a Cocker is the pooch for you. There’s nothing more we can do – you’re a Cocker fan for life. You might as well go ahead and get ‘Cockers for life’ tattooed on you. A bit extreme? Why not download our set of Cocker wallpapers or wise up on this gorgeous dog with our breed profile. Oh, and these super friendly dogs just love being around people (even strangers) so if you’d prefer not to leave your dog alone Rover.com has lots of amazing sitters who offer dog boarding across the country!