Does anyone have any idea how to transport a 32-lb French bulldog from NYC to LA this summer?

asked 2016-05-13 07:42:28 -0500

He's too big for the plane cabin and can't be transported in cargo.

edit edit tags flag offensive close merge delete


I'm not sure why he can't be put in cargo that is pressure and climate controlled. United Airlines has a pet transpirt service and if the dogs have to change planes, they have climate controlled vans that transport them and they go to a climate controlled area if there is a long layover.

Amy U.'s profile imageAmy U. ( 2016-05-13 14:42:34 -0500 )edit

I've air transported pets from the east coast to the west coast and back with success. Many air lines offer this service

Walt G.'s profile imageWalt G. ( 2016-05-13 15:15:17 -0500 )edit

Hi, Walt, The airlines we have contacted have restrictions on brachycephalic breeds, especially in the summer. Thanks!

Brian F.'s profile imageBrian F. ( 2016-05-13 16:48:33 -0500 )edit

I am a pet transporter and carry many Frenchies and over 20 pounds because of airline restrictions. If you go ground, make sure your transporter knows temperature and breathing issues and other requirements for your breed.

Jane W.'s profile imageJane W. ( 2016-05-22 06:58:39 -0500 )edit

Hi! I am a dog transporter for many places; I recommend Kindred Hearts Transport Connection. http://www.kindredheartstransportconnection.org/index.php/request-transport/%3C/p%3E (http://www.kindredheartstransportconnection.org/index.php/request-transport/)

GABRIELLE S.'s profile imageGABRIELLE S. ( 2016-05-24 17:48:45 -0500 )edit

4 Answers

answered 2016-05-23 13:45:01 -0500

I used a company called Royal Paws to transport my dogs from New Jersey to Colorado. They were amazing.

edit flag offensive delete link more
answered 2016-05-13 09:11:02 -0500

You should take a look at this association's website to find a bona fide shipper:


edit flag offensive delete link more
answered 2016-05-22 13:42:13 -0500

Similar to what Karen posted, here is another service provider for pet relocation: http://www.pettravelhub.com/

edit flag offensive delete link more
answered 2016-05-22 07:11:22 -0500

You can drive to LA or find a plane that can take his weight.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Your Answer

Please start posting anonymously - your entry will be published after you log in or create a new account.

Add Answer

[hide preview]