Rover's Free Premium Pet Insurance
As a sitter or owner, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your Rover.com stay is covered by premium pet insurance.
At Rover, we're dedicated to giving your pet the best possible care. To help keep your pet happy and healthy, we've added universal insurance coverage to stays and services booked on Rover, free of charge, as of January 1, 2014.
What is eligible for coverage?
- Dog boarding
- Day care
- Pet sitting
- Dog walking
- Any pet service of an animal booked through Rover.com
For example, if a dog in your care gets sick and suddenly needs to see a veterinarian, you can feel better knowing you'll be covered when you go in for care.
How much am I responsible for?There is a $250 deductible per claim, covered by the pet owner for medical claims based on injury to the owner's pet, or by the sitter for medical claims based on injury to a sitter's resident pet. There are no separate fees for this Premium Pet Insurance.
Care, Custody & ControlThis provides medical coverage for animals in a sitter’s care, custody, and control.
- $25,000 for pet in the sitter's care (per animal)
- $250 deductible covered by pet's owner
Coverage for sitter's resident petsThis coverage is valid for veterinary care for the sitter's resident pets that is a direct result of contact with an owner's pet.
- $5,000 for sitter’s pets
- $250 deductible covered by sitter per incident
General liabilityGeneral liability will pay those sums that sitters become legally obligated to pay as damages because of bodily injury (to a person) or property damage (to pet owner's property).
- $2,000,000 — per occurrence
- $3,000,000 — general aggregate
- No deductible
Professional liabilityProfessional liability covers damage to pet owner's property arising out of the rendering of, or failure to render, services of a pet care provider.
- $1,000,000 — per occurrence
- $1,000,000 — general aggregate
- No deductible
Coverage does not include:
- Damage to sitter's personal property
- Injuries to the sitter or related parties
- Treatment of preexisting veterinary conditions or old age
- Stays or pet care booked outside of Rover.com
- Damage made or medical care required as a result of meet and greet appointments
If you have any questions about this insurance, contact Rover's Customer Service team at 1-888-453-7889 or send us your questions via email.
Rover does not charge any amount for this additional coverage. Coverage is provided under a policy underwritten by a third party and is subject to fulfillment of applicable terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions.