Looking for pet groomer jobs in Washington DC? Join Rover
We're seeking passionate dog and pet groomers in the Washington DC, Alexandria, and Arlington metro areas who want to build an independent business on Rover. Get the support you need while earning 80% commission plus 100% of your tips grooming dogs in your clients' homes.
Please note that Grooming is only available in the Seattle, Denver, Washington DC, and Austin metro areas at this time.
Washington DC groomers: want to earn more money grooming fewer dogs on your terms?
We’re looking for passionate pet groomers in the greater Washington DC metro area to join the Rover platform. Set your own schedule, earn more while grooming fewer dogs and build your business on your terms while Rover matches you with local DC dogs who need grooming. Whether you’re looking to work in the District, Arlington, Annandale, Alexandria, Silver Spring, or you’re new to the DC area and not quite sure yet, we’d love to hear from you.
What you get with Rover:
- Earn 80% commission (vs. 50% commission from most local DC area salons), and 100% of your tips.
- You get to make your own schedule. Book appointments in your free time or groom with Rover full time.
- We'll handle the advertising and scheduling, so you can focus on what you love: working with dogs and providing high-quality grooming services.
- 24/7 Trust & Safety coverage and support. We've got your back.
- Earn more money than a traditional salon: Earn 80% commission (vs. 50% commission). Use the extra income to pay bills, fund a trip, or add it to your savings.
Is this right for me?
You’re a good fit if you have a love for working with animals and professional experience grooming pets (dogs, cats, or both) at local salons, big box stores, mobile grooming vans, and/or veterinarian offices. Whether you’re a lifelong DC area resident, or you just moved to DC, Rover is a great way to connect with local DC pet owners looking for alternatives to traditional grooming.
Groomers on Rover come from a variety of professional grooming backgrounds here in DC, but share a common love for providing animals with the care they need to be their healthiest and happiest. Our Washington DC groomers service a variety of areas throughout the broader metro area, including but not limited to: Bethesda, Silver Spring, College Park, Hyattsville, Chevy Chase, Bladensburg, Blue Plains, Springfield, Capitol Heights, Suitland Silver Hill, Hillcrest Heights, Marlow Heights, Friendly, Fort Washington, Washington Highlands, Alexandria, Annandale, Fairfas, Falls Church, Tysons, Merrifield, Woodland Acres, Cherrydale and Lincolnia.
What to do next:
After signing up, a member of the Rover team will reach out to take you through the approval process. Once you are approved to groom local DC area pets on Rover, your earnings will be available through your Rover account.
- At least 18 years of age
- A vehicle or reliable source of transportation in the areas of the DC metro you want to serve
- Verifiable phone number (mobile)
- Ability to pass an enhanced background check
- Completion of a grooming safety quiz
- Have 1+ years of professional experience as a pet groomer or pet bather
- Reliable internet access at home or via mobile device
- Customer focus and a willingness to provide a superior customer experience
- At least two (2) testimonials or references
- At least 18 years of age
This posting is for independent contractors in the DC metro area partnering with Rover.com.
How it works
Ready to build your grooming business on your own terms? Most groomers on Rover book their first client within their first week.
Tell us who you are and how long you’ve been a groomer, in Washington DC, Northern Virginia, Maryland, or other areas. Our team will then contact you to collect more information and start the approvals process.
Set your preferences
Once approved, you can set specific preferences, like the dog sizes and breeds you’re comfortable grooming, and when and where you’re available to groom. Groomers on Rover service from The District, to Alexandria, to Fort Washington, and Silver Springs to name a few.
Open for business
Most DC metro area groomers are matched with Rover clients within a few days. You’ll earn 80% commission and keep 100% of your tips, all paid through our secure platform.
Get ongoing support
We’re here for you every step of the way with 24/7 support, access to educational materials, and a whole team dedicated to your success in building your DC area grooming business.
Date Updated: 2019-12-17