Crate-Trained Dogs Only
I was a nervous mommy leaving my 4 mo baby June but these guys took SUCH good care of her!!! They were just awesome. Sent me lots of pictures and didn’t get annoyed when I texted frequently. and June loved it!! She had a great week and can’t wait to go back! Thanks guys!!
Our pup stayed with Tristram and Laurel already twice but this was the first time he stayed for more than one night. Our pup had a really great time and even found a new friend to play with. Tristram and Laurel sent us the cutest photos everyday and we could enjoy our short vacation knowing that our fur baby is doing fine. We already booked his next stay-)
This is the first time we have left our Pitbull w/ anyone outside of family or our vet. Tristam and Laurel are AMAZING. We went out of state and they took the time to send pictures of our Semper playing in their yard and with their dogs. They are so welcoming, and their home is so dog friendly and comfortable feeling. We have already booked another trip, and with my travel schedule filling up the ...
About Tristram & Laurel
Board at the home of a Dog Trainer!
Tristram and I have both been professional dog walkers/pet sitters in the past and are PetTech CPR certified. I am a Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT-KA) through the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers and have been training for almost 7 years. We have been pet sitting together for about 5 years now and frequently foster dogs and cats through PAWS Atlanta. In addition to dog training, Laurel is currently working as a Veterinary ...
What Tristram & Laurel would like to know about your dog
Does your dog crate? If so, what does your dog do in their crate?
We love all breeds and mixes, but we do ask that any dog staying with us is crate trained (calm, comfortable, and quiet in a crate). For everyone's safety, dogs will be crated at night or if we have to be away from the house for any reason. They will get lots of time out walking, running, and playing, so when they go up, they are worn out and ready for a nap! With your permission, we will also give them a stuffed kong to keep them occupied in their crate.
We are more than happy to watch dogs with behavioral issues, but we will need to gather lots of information from you beforehand to make sure we are the right fit for your dog and to keep our family and your pet safe.
We will want to know:
1) What does your pup do off leash with other dogs? What is their play style?
2) What does your dog do when they are on leash and see another dog and/or person?
3) Has your dog ever bitten another dog?
4) Has your dog ever bitten a person?
5) Has your dog ever lived with or stayed with cats? What does your dog do around cats?
6) Has your dog ever bitten a cat?
7) Does your dog resource guard (have issues sharing) toys, sleeping areas, water or people with other dogs?
8) Does your dog have accidents (including marking)? If yes, please explain.
9) Does your dog have a history of being destructive? If yes, please explain.
10) Does your dog vocalize when left alone? If yes, please explain.
11) Does your dog have any dietary restrictions?
We ask that you please provide us with a copy of your dogs up to date vaccination records. Please have your dog current on flea, tick, heartworm, and internal parasite prevention.
We offer a FREE pick up/drop off service!
If you are happy with our care of your dog after their stay, write us a 5 star review and get 20% off of your next booking!
Feel free to send us a message if you have any questions at all! We love to talk all things dog ;)