I am so thrilled to have met Lukas, he's a pet saver!! I travel a lot for work and leave town two weeks at a time on most trips. My pooch always needs a good friend to take him for long walks on the beach and play, he loves a good frisbee toss and the ocean. I grew up in NY and we met when I visited, and we hit it off. Now I am ...
There are not enough stars to accurately express how amazing Lukas is. We have never felt more comfortable going away - we knew our babies were in perfect and safe hands. Lukas treated them like gold, sent us amazing photos, gave us updates often and spoiled our babies rotten! Plus, we came home to a house cleaner than it was when we left We will 200% use him again. Cannot reccomend enough!!
I can't say enough great things about Lukas. He watched our two big doggies, who I hate leaving, for 5 days and I have never felt more comfortable leaving them! We decided to extend our trip by one day and Lukas was extremely accommodating. I have never felt so good leaving our pups as I have with Lukas, even more so than family members! We received multiple updates and photos during our trip and when ...
Ready to spoil your pet!
I'm an animal lover & photojournalist. I grew up around all types of animals from dogs to rabbits. I originally studied design at Parsons & worked for years throughout Asia, Europe & Africa — but my immense love for animals became a far more rewarding focus. Now, it’s my life. For four years I’ve been the top rated sales/guest advisor at Unleashed by Petco in both Manhattan and Brooklyn. I then started dog ...
What Lukas would like to know about your dog
I’m here for 5 vital reasons:
- To spoil & care for your beloved dog/cat while you’re away. I treat every pet as if they were my own babies. They will be walked, fed, cleaned, & loved to the highest capacity regardless of breed, size, age, or personality. I’m excellent with puppies/kittens to seniors. In fact, I love senior animals!
- To respect your home/apartment... keeping it clean, organized & spotless upon your return home. I always clean every home during my stay & especially before I leave. You will return home to a cleaner apartment than how you left it! (Not kidding...)
- To keep you updated daily with details, your pet’s “status reports” & beautiful photos. I’m also a professional photographer so you’ll never be disappointed with my updates!
- I truly love animals & have 20+ years experience caring for them. I think I’ve hugged nearly every dog in NYC... & beyond. And there’s not a dog, cat, rabbit, bird, fish, turtle, guinea pig, chicken, pig I don’t love. I’m an animal guy... vegan, & am someone you can 100% trust to care deeply for all your animals. I also have extensive knowledge with pet nutrition, health & allergies.
- I am here to (temporarily) replace you/your family... (as close as possible) & to make your pet happy & feel extremely loved while you’re away for a weekend...a month... or longer.
So, let’s meet! I’ll make things as simple & stress-free as possible. I want to meet you & your pet(s). We’ll talk about everything important before you leave: your dog/cat’s personality, eating schedule/details, likes & dislikes, allergies/medications, and anything of importance. Many of my clients prefer to send me a typed list. I don’t mind... I’ll accept whatever is easiest for you!
**Unique aspects of me/my services:
- I have over 15+ years experience caring for the special needs of bulldogs (French, English, & American). I've owned & cared for all 3 extensively. Very common to the breed - all had various & often intense "bulldog-related" issues from severe allergies, arthritis, digestion/health issues, back/spinal cord/hind legs/joint weakness, breathing problems (sleep apnea, snoring complications, extreme heat sensitivity), medication requirements, extremely small tracheas (choking hazards & throwing up food), to name only a few. Out of necessity, I researched their complicated needs & health for over a decade. If you have a French or an English Bulldog, please reach out to me! Please do not just let anyone watch your bulldog! Many have died with untrained sitters, walkers & boarding facilities from improper care of the breed.
- I also have extensive experience with senior animals. Especially knowledge with senior dogs. I love them & will take the time to prepare special meals, slow walks, administering daily medications, etc.
- Unlike many sitters, I love & understand "difficult" or extreme issues. I will watch & care for dogs/cats that may be aggressive or overly fearful. I have owned & rescued many dogs including pitbulls and larger "misunderstood" breeds. I love every breed - so if you do have a complicated or aggressive dog (any breed) please don't hesitate to reach out to me.
- I work at the Unleashed pet store in Park Slope. It's the #1 Petco Unleashed in the entire country for excellent customer service & sales. I spend a great deal of time working with pet owners one-on-one, helping them solve simple to very complex needs. If there's anything you need, I can also easily pick up supplies during my stay with your cat/dog.
- Lastly, I have experience working with many farm animals and small mammals from chickens to rabbits. I'll watch any animal, any location in the US & global. Contact me for details.