Dogs had a great time! She even pulled out the doggy wading pool.
Kay was great with our doggy, Naia, for the two days we needed a sitter. Kay was really generous about working out her schedule for when we needed her. Naia walked in the front door and made herself right at home. Kay was great with her!
First time user of Rover and was very pleased with the ease of the process. Kay did a fantastic job taking care of my two dogs. I felt very comfortable leaving them with her as she sent pictures throughout and was quick to respond. Nice backyard for the dogs to run around and they had a good time with her two pups. She did a great job gathering all the information to make it a ...
Housewife w/large fenced back yard
I grew up on a cattle ranch in Oklahoma with house dogs and livestock guardian dogs. I got married and moved to MO. I am now a housewife in town and missing having animals all around me. I would love to care for your dog while you are gone. I have years of experience administering medications to livestock and can take care of specialized medical needs for your pet. I am home all day to ...
What Kay would like to know about your dog
When you come to drop your dog off, please bring any toys/crate/beds that your pet is familiar with. This speeds up the transition into my home easier. Also, please let me know your pet's daily routine, (eat, potty times). Also please let me know if your pet has any special needs. I want to give your pet a comfortable place to live while you are away.
I don't require the following information, but if there is anything important I should know about your dog, please let me know.
Does your dog:
1. Have any health issues (e.g., arthritis, allergies, etc.)?
2. Take medication? If so, what’s their medication schedule?
3. Ever run away or try to get out of the yard? If this has happened before, how did you get them back?
Eat, Sleep, and Play Routines
1. What time does your dog usually go to bed and wake up?
2. Where do they usually sleep?
3. What’s your dog’s meal schedule?
4. What kind of treats do you give your dog, and how much?
5. What is your dog’s usual bathroom routine? And how do they let you know when they need to go?
6. Is your dog used to being left alone? For how long and at what times? (This does not happen often, just a weekly grocery store trip, or errand running, and church.)
7. What is your dog’s usual routine for walks, exercise, and outings?
8. Is your dog crate trained? Does your dog prefer to sleep in a crate or somewhere else?
9. Does your dog have any favorite toys or games?
Behavior and Training
1. How do you reward your dog for correct behavior?
2. How do you get your dog to come when you call?
3. Does your dog have any quirks that are normal behavior for them (e.g., funny noises they make) or specific tendencies I should know about?
4. Do they have any breed-specific quirks I should know about?
5. Does your dog have any food aggression or instincts to protect particular toys?
How does your dog handle being around:
1. Other pets?
2. Other dogs?
Other important information to know:
1. Does your dog have any potentially risky behaviors, like getting into the trash, chewing on shoes or other items, etc.?
2. Is your dog crate-trained? When does the dog go/get put in the crate and for how long?
3. When your dog is anxious or experiencing separation anxiety, what helps soothe him?
4. Is there anything specifically that causes anxiety for your dog?